Gotek/Yamaha QX1 Sequencer

rickysco

Re: Gotek/Yamaha QX1 Sequencer

Post by rickysco »

After looking at this...I am going to solder my board. I just ordered the parts I need. Can you give me the link for Jeff's license? Thanks again

mondo1976

Post by mondo1976 »

rickysco

Post by rickysco »

I translated the French to English and I think that I paid the 12.00 EUR. Also I am not from France, I am from the United States. I did not see that as a country. Let me know if this went through and if you can change my country. Thank you

mondo1976

Post by mondo1976 »

rickysco wrote:I translated the French to English and I think that I paid the 12.00 EUR. Also I am not from France, I am from the United States. I did not see that as a country. Let me know if this went through and if you can change my country. Thank you
Well, United States in French is "Etats-Unis" so that's what you would have been looking for.

I'd suggest that if you don't get a license emailed to you in few hours then use Jeff's support email which is at the bottom of the page that I linked to you above. Jeff does look at these forums, but more casually than his email, I do suspect.

rickysco

Post by rickysco »

Got everything I thought. I have soldered and the realized, I don't have a cable. Where can I get the TTL to USB cable? I thought maybe a cell phone charger would work but this is a different type of plug in. Can you help me with the cable?? Thanks

rickysco

Post by rickysco »

I got the cable and hooked everything up. Downloaded the Serial Bridge and I get a Status of "No response from device! (1 unit left)". Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong? Everything powered up. I am getting readings only in the TX box and RX box stays at 0. Let me know if you have any ideas? Thank again.

mondo1976

Post by mondo1976 »

Make sure you have the correct serial port selected and open (in other words, COM4, COM5, etc. depending on what was assigned to the TTL-USB adapter).

Make sure the TTL adapter is set to 3.3v with its jumper.

Make sure the Gotek's programming pins are bridged.

Make sure that the TTL adapter's ground and power pins are connected to the Gotek's ground and power pins.

Make sure the TTL Rx/Tx pins are wired to the Gotek's Tx/Rx pins respectively -- in other words, TTL Tx goes to Gotek Rx and TTL Rx goes to Gotek Tx.

There must be a dozens of threads on this forum that cover all this stuff, or the instructions that came with the Serial Bridge app, or other Google results for different forums, and so on. All questions have been answered numerous times, and there are step-by-step tutorials for all this stuff if you look.

rickysco

Post by rickysco »

Got everything from the serial bridge all the was to hXc. Now I put in the flash drive with the files that need to be on the flash drive but the QX1 is not showing anything. Any ideas on this?

rickysco

Post by rickysco »

I got it. Thanks for all your help.