New price on HxC Licens/firmware? (+20%)

teevee

New price on HxC Licens/firmware? (+20%)

Post by teevee »

Ehh is it me or has the firmware just raised in price from 10 -> 12 €? :S

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: New price on HxC Licens/firmware? (+20%)

Post by Jeff »

teevee wrote:Ehh is it me or has the firmware just raised in price from 10 -> 12 €? :S
Yes this is the TVA/VAT.

teevee

Post by teevee »

Jeff wrote:
teevee wrote:Ehh is it me or has the firmware just raised in price from 10 -> 12 €? :S
Yes this is the TVA/VAT.
ahh! :lol:

thanks for the prompt reply!

mondo1976

Post by mondo1976 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no VAT outside the European Union, so why does the price not go back down when you are purchasing from a country outside of Europe?

I suspect that's how it is supposed to work, but that's not how it currently is working. Picking the United States as the country of purchase still has the inflated price.

Edit: I'm not complaining, per se, as it's still a very fair price, but I don't feel a particular need to pad some government treasury when I'm not subject to their laws and don't take advantage of their services, if you see what I mean. I wouldn't have a problem with the idea of Jeff making a little extra money, but some government? Not so much.

teevee

Post by teevee »

mondo1976 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no VAT outside the European Union, so why does the price not go back down when you are purchasing from a country outside of Europe?

I suspect that's how it is supposed to work, but that's not how it currently is working. Picking the United States as the country of purchase still has the inflated price.

Edit: I'm not complaining, per se, as it's still a very fair price, but I don't feel a particular need to pad some government treasury when I'm not subject to their laws and don't take advantage of their services, if you see what I mean. I wouldn't have a problem with the idea of Jeff making a little extra money, but some government? Not so much.
I don’t know how it works in France, but I worked at an airport store for a short period in Germany.

Example:
1. User comes from USA and walks into a store in Germany and buy a new Apple laptop.
2. User receive an invoice from the store after buying the laptop.
3. User walks to the “tax-free” office and refund the tax.

Sum summary translated:
US user forward the invoice from HxC forward to their “tax-free” office and get tax refund.

The question is; is it the paperwork worth for 2 €? :D

mondo1976

Post by mondo1976 »

teevee wrote:The question is; is it the paperwork worth for 2 €? :D
Barely worth mentioning, I agree, but if there was a simple way to configure the web-store (you know, a check box or two) then it would be cool -- penny saved is a penny earned. If not, then... eh, shrug.

quantum8

Post by quantum8 »

Looks like this is still a thing. Get quoted 10e, select my home country of Australia and the tax gets applied. Not sure why this is so!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

quantum8 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:22 am
Looks like this is still a thing. Get quoted 10e, select my home country of Australia and the tax gets applied. Not sure why this is so!
Sure this is a thing since this is requested by the French IRS law :

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/prof ... assujettis
En principe, un assujetti implanté en France qui réalise une prestation pour un non-assujetti (un particulier) doit facturer de la TVA française. L'implantation de son client particulier dans ou hors de l'Union européenne est sans incidence.
Google translate :
In principle, a taxable person established in France who performs a service for a non-taxable person (an individual) must invoice French VAT. The establishment of its private client in or outside the European Union is irrelevant.
According to the above text, as "non-assujettis" you need to pay the French VAT. (Downloadable softwares are counted as "Service" here in France) :|

quantum8

Post by quantum8 »

Jeff wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:26 pm
quantum8 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:22 am
Sure this is a thing since this is requested by the French IRS law :

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/prof ... assujettis
En principe, un assujetti implanté en France qui réalise une prestation pour un non-assujetti (un particulier) doit facturer de la TVA française. L'implantation de son client particulier dans ou hors de l'Union européenne est sans incidence.
Google translate :
In principle, a taxable person established in France who performs a service for a non-taxable person (an individual) must invoice French VAT. The establishment of its private client in or outside the European Union is irrelevant.
According to the above text, as "non-assujettis" you need to pay the French VAT. (Downloadable softwares are counted as "Service" here in France) :|
Interesting, thanks for the info. Definitely seems like some odd French thing, or maybe I was just assuming that standard taxation like the rest of the EU/UK etc has where people purchasing outside aren't subject to local taxation. My information may be out of date though!