OLED mod

cbrunschen

Re: OLED mod

Post by cbrunschen »

I've updated my 3D model a bit more:

The Bezel now just specifies extra space to add to the faceplate in each direction; the bevelling of the edge of the faceplate is now specified separately – so you can now bevel the edge of the faceplate without extending it, and vice versa.

I've also added support for adding a rotary encoder - both with 2 and with 3 buttons: the hole is 7mm in diameter, and an 11mm-sized rotary encoder without the KY-040 PCB - something like the ALPS EC11E15244G1) - will actually fit even with 3 buttons in place already.

Best wishes,

// Christian

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

cbrunschen wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 am
I've put together a design for a 3D printable replacement casing for the Gotek drive. Here's a preview. You should be able to generate either a full box + lid, or a "frame" that includes a face plate, the supports for the board, and enough of a skeleton to give a reasonable amount of rigidity and the usual mounting holes that are found along the side and bottom of a floppy drive.

You can also:
  1. choose between support for the Gotek drive's own three-digit LED display or a 0.91-inch 128x32 I2C OLED module
  2. You can further change the overall width & height of the bay, offset the mounting &c so that the USB connector is not in the center, and add extra space between the display and the USB port
  3. Choose between 1 or 2 LED holes, and 2 or 3 button holes
  4. Specify the thickness of wall and floor/ceiling material, for example to adjust to printers with different nozzle sizes
  5. Add 'extra space' to all holes to compensate for over-extrusion on your printer
I printed one today as well, and took some pictures:

it came out quite well. As you can see, the OLED display is nicely framed, aligned with the USB connector, and with the entire display area visible (though the firmware running on it at the time uses a smaller font). There's also a hole for the third button, but I still have to put that in place.

Best wishes

// Christian
Thanks for share!!!

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

One question,

My DIY screen has turned full of white points. Since I was playing under settings in Normal Mode, can I reset all the configuration without screen? Since I can't see nothing...

Finally I ordered a new "no DIY" screen. Waiting...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 pm
One question,

My DIY screen has turned full of white points. Since I was playing under settings in Normal Mode, can I reset all the configuration without screen? Since I can't see nothing...

Yes, press the right button at power up. the internal parameters will be ignored.

Btw apply this fix to the screen:
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... =60#p17196

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 am
DanielDOC wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 pm
One question,

Yes, press the right button at power up. the internal parameters will be ignored.

Btw apply this fix to the screen:
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... =60#p17196
Thanks. Working again!

Sandrow

Post by Sandrow »

Made the Oled and it works great.

During last days, I've copied into Gotek's about 90 original floppies i had with the Emulator II from former owner.
I was using the index mode so the were named as DSKA0000, DSKA0001 and so on.

Now i've renamed them, but i can't get to have them shown in alphabetical order.
All of them are working, but the list shown on display is random, .hfe files aren't sorted as "Creation date" or other criteria, they just seem in random rundown.

I've wandered thru settings on the Gotek menu by pressing both buttons, but none of them seems regarding the sorting of file's criteria into USB.

Any idea?
Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

This is a very common "issue" with small embedded system devices. The normal mode actually use the FAT table order, not the alphabetical order.
To workaround it there are some tools to sort the files on the disk. Search for "fat sorter" on google.

Here is one :
http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en