New User questions

xeon3d

New User questions

Post by xeon3d »

Hi.

So, I've bought the Gotek and HxC firmware, flashed it sucessfully, removed the connections to the usb ttl converter, and the jumper on programming pin (I soldered a header there).

After that, I've put the autoboot.cfg file HXCSDFE.CFG, the upd file on the root. it flashed sucessfully and now I got HxC showing on floppy emu's 3 digit led.

Now what do I do? I've tried fiddling with the hxcfloppymanager and assigned some wfw floppies (.img) to the first 7 slots. but all the gotek does, is display HxC. Pushing buttons don't do a thing nor does windows find a floppy when I double click the drive.

Any ideas, or nicely written instructions for a noob? Many thanks.

EDIT: Now I've extracted the contents of SDHxCFE_PC_1.44MB.zip and I am now able to choose disks using the buttons, but the green light still doesn't light up, nor are the disks showing up in windows explorer. Help?

EDIT v2: Got the green light on, edited the .cfg to use ibm pc hd, converted some dos6.22 imgs to hfe, renamed them to dska0000.hfe till dska0003.hfe, still not able to access them...

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: New User questions

Post by Jeff »

What is displayed on the gotek screen ? HxC ? If one image is correctly loaded you should have a number (000,001,...)