Plans for a folder mode??

bogie6040

Plans for a folder mode??

Post by bogie6040 »

Hello all,

I recently just converted a gotek SFRBA16 model to HxC firmware (no problems using a real serial port under win7 32bit BTW) I had a bit of trouble getting it to work with a regular computer at first but I think I have it figured out now...

I intend to use this to replace the floppy drive on my dad's TRAK DPM with TRAK AGE3 bed milling machine.
I know I can get this to work, but I have a feeling my dad will have confusion with the indexed option using .hfe image files and having to use special software to open them to copy / modify files and the like.

Are there any plans to offer a folder mode? Something like the USB stick is formatted as usual (fat32) and then folders representing floppies are created on the stick (ie: FLPY000, FLPY001, FLPY002, etc.) thus allowing their content to be accessed directly in windows? I know this would probably not allow booting or special functions / needs / etc. but as a simple storage container device as floppies were often used for, this might simplify things a bit for some people.

Thanks,
Bogie