gotek and atari st

farvardin

gotek and atari st

Post by farvardin »

hello,

I've flashed a SFR1M44-U100K Gotek with the HxC firmware. I have the HxC "logo" on the display on boot. I've removed all jumpers, except for the one on the S0 connector, as adviced.

I've tried to connect the gotek into an atari st external drive. However, I made a mistake, I've connected a multi voltage charger and forgot to change the correct voltage to 5v and I've used 9v instead, for a short time :(

The usb key chip was burned, but the gotek seems undamaged. I still have the hxc logo, and it displays correctly according to the config file on the new usb key (000 for autoboot, 000, then 001, 002... for indexed mode.) If I only put 4 files on a new usb key, the index will stop at 003, as expected.

But I can't make it read floppies on my atari st, now using the internal connectors, it's like there is no floppy inside.

Maybe some components were burned during the overvoltage, but before giving up, I wanted to know if there is something else I need to check for the configuration. I've also tried this on 4-5 different usb keys (between 500 mb and 8 gb, in fat32 or fat16 format)

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: gotek and atari st

Post by Jeff »

The floppy ribbon connection ?
Is the st still working with a normal drive ?

farvardin

Post by farvardin »

yes, the original floppy drive was still working with the same ribbon. I could try a new one though.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

then try to reconnect the floppy ribbon to the other way.

farvardin

Post by farvardin »

well, that's odd, I've already tried that, but it didn't work, also the green light didn't turn on on bootup. I've tried to change the ribbon for an other one, and pull on the Atari ST one, when I discovered it's completely tied to the ST. I tried again the put the gotek upside down, and this time it worked! Thank you.