Weird problems with Gotek and Amiga 500

CrazyNob

Weird problems with Gotek and Amiga 500

Post by CrazyNob »

Hi,
i have problems getting the Gotek (HxC Firmware) with I2C Display to work connected to an Amiga 500. The Gotek connected to a CPC464 is working without any problem.
I have tried several USB Sticks (FAT32), copied the cfg and the autoboot.hfe files then some adfs, but either the Amiga doesnt recognize the autoboot or it loads the autoboot.hfe until the amiga displays the message attached. Sometimes after pressing the switch connected to the "JA" Pins it loads the autoboot and its possible to place adfs to the slots, after saving and rebooting a similar problem occurs with a game adf, sometime it loads completely, sometimes it only trys to load, 2 or 3 tracks as shown on the I2C Display. Does anyone have an idea?

Greetings

CrazyNob
Attachments
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0363.jpg (183.19 KiB) Viewed 6865 times

xadox

Re: Weird problems with Gotek and Amiga 500

Post by xadox »

Are you using some kind of audio mod?

CrazyNob

Post by CrazyNob »

No, i am not using an audio mod. I have only connected an I2C Display to the Gotek. The Gotek works perfekt with an CPC464. I tried another Gotek with Cortex Firmware, this one works without any problems and loads every ADF.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Have you tried another usb stick ?

CrazyNob

Post by CrazyNob »

Tried 3 different USB Sticks (64 MB, 8 GB and 8 GB, Noname Sticks). I formatted the Stick i am using with the CPC 464 and copied adfs on it, same Problem. Is there a difference between using the Gotek with the CPC or the Amiga regarding the USB Stick?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Which jumper setting are you using ?

CrazyNob

Post by CrazyNob »

Only the S0 Jumper.

CrazyNob

Post by CrazyNob »

Hi, i still have the Problem with the Gotek. Yes, its been a while since my last post but i didn't have the time to deal with it in the past.

If i start the Amiga the Gotek i can choose the ADF Files, the Floppy LED lights up, as you can see on the picture T counts from 000 to 002 but nothing happens.
I2C.png
I2C.png (56.78 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
If i then press the Button connected to "JA" Pins, reset the Amiga, and press the Button again just before the Floppy LED lights up, the ADF loads until this message appears.
Message.png
Message.png (59.31 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
If i then press the button again and choose "Retry" it goes on loading the file. I repeat this 2-3 times until the game is loaded.
Jumper.png
Jumper.png (117.55 KiB) Viewed 6433 times

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be, maybe a defective Gotek (it works well on a CPC464) ?

CrazyNob

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

xadox

Post by xadox »

Great to hear that you are still working on Updates for the Gotek :D

CrazyNob

Post by CrazyNob »

Thank you for the files. Do you have a new cfg file for the normal mode or can i use the old one?

I have updated the Gotek successfully and put the two files (cfg and autoboot) on it.
But its still the same problem. Maybe a little bit better, perhaps its only imagination.

Sometimes the Autoboot.hfe starts loading untill the error message, sometimes if i press the "JA" Button it loads until the start screen of the software and it crashes, sometimes it loads correctly. But to make the Amiga start loading i almost always have to use the "JA" Button. The same with some games i have tested.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

CrazyNob wrote:Thank you for the files. Do you have a new cfg file for the normal mode or can i use the old one?

I have updated the Gotek successfully and put the two files (cfg and autoboot) on it.
But its still the same problem. Maybe a little bit better, perhaps its only imagination.

Sometimes the Autoboot.hfe starts loading untill the error message, sometimes if i press the "JA" Button it loads until the start screen of the software and it crashes, sometimes it loads correctly. But to make the Amiga start loading i almost always have to use the "JA" Button. The same with some games i have tested.
Have you updated all the stuff ? : firmware + autoboot + cfg file ?

CrazyNob

Post by CrazyNob »

Yes, first i updated the firmware and then i copied the cfg and the autoboot to the usb stick. And i have tried two more differnet USB Sticks (16 and 32 GB) with the same result.

CrazyNob

Post by CrazyNob »

I have made a video that shows the behavior.

https://youtu.be/83VDLlHuVC8

Sometimes it loads (using the "JA" button) until the Startscreen of the Autoboot Software and then hangs up, as you can see in the video.

Sometimes it works and it shows the FW Version as you can see in the following pictures.
IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG (134.01 KiB) Viewed 6340 times
IMG_0498.JPG
IMG_0498.JPG (96.83 KiB) Viewed 6340 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

What is this floppy ribbon ? Have it a "twist" ?