Gotek + hxc stange problems

Cryton

Gotek + hxc stange problems

Post by Cryton »

Good afternoon all,

I've been having a few problems stetting up my gotek and i'm hoping some here will be able to help.

Problem 1/ I've flashed the drive , went ok after a blue screen :roll: . I've done the update .UPD with V3_0_8_2a,
and I have the autoboot.hfe and the .cfg file in the root along with a workbench adf to test.
now when I connect the drive to my a600 if the drive is set to s0 it won't boot, I can see the amiga
try to access but no boot. If I change over to s1 it boots but leave the DF0 ? icon as well so it certainly
seems to be accessing as DF1. (I did the slot list while set the s1)

Problem 2/ I've got my self one of the I2C LCD that where recommended, and I've connected it as per the drawing
found here http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... =33&t=1782, with a 4.7k resistor from the
+5 to the sda and scl line but I get the light but no display. not I've used Dupont jumper wires for the
connections and they are rather thin could that be the problem ?

If anyone has any idea or pointer I'd be grateful.

P.S. if the drive is set to m0 it just continually tries to access the drive with the boot screen flashing on and off in a loop.

Cryton

Re: Gotek + hxc stange problems

Post by Cryton »

Quick update .... in case anybody reads this :p

Problem 2 solved turned out to be the LCD unit , when the unit was assembled they'd bent the driver PCB down
so it was shorting on the LCD metal mounting clips. re-positioned the PCB (bent back) and it's working now :).
I just need to work out why I can't set the drive to DF0 now :?