mac software

m0rvj

mac software

Post by m0rvj »

Hi
I'm new to floppy emulation. I've been reading the site and I've successfully replaced the floppy drive in my AR-80 Yamaha Organ with a gotek. I've formatted the disk with the drives built in formatting feature and I've managed to save files to and from various virtual disks with the Organ.

When I've added files to the disk with my mac, it worked the first time but since then I have experienced the worst looking glitches my mac has ever done with the display garbling and then eventually it logged out. The difference may have been the length of the filenames?

I'm concerned that the usb drive could harm my mac or at least crash it's os kernel?

Is there an app or fuse file system or something for transfering files to and from the usb using a mac?

Thanks,

John

mondo1976

Re: mac software

Post by mondo1976 »

There shouldn't be anything strange happening. The USB stick should be FAT32 which OSX easily supports. It's just a normal file copy routine; drag-and-drop. You just take the HFE files and copy/move them to the USB stick. That's it.

All the files should be DSKA000x.HFE style. No files on the USB stick should have names longer than 8 characters (plus a 3 character extension) as that's all FAT32 supports.

Can you explain exactly what you're doing and what the result is?

m0rvj

Re: mac software

Post by m0rvj »

The problem seems to be that the mac falls over when adding the files with a longer filename. I've managed to transfer another file over successfully so all good.

Thanks