Pre flashed Gotek

Wasuup

Pre flashed Gotek

Post by Wasuup »

Hi, I'm a complete novice when it comes to hxc/Gotek. I recently bought a Gotek from Amigastore preflashed with the Hxc firmware.Unfortunately there were no instructions and I have no idea how to get it working, it's connected to an A1200 at the moment but I also intend to use it on an A500 and Atari ST. I've copied an autoboot and cfg file for Amiga adf files onto the USB drive and put a couple of adf files on but even though the drive powers up and show hxc (or 000) on the 3 digit display I can't get into the boot manager. I can't find anywhere to download manager.hfe either.

Can anyone help out with a guide as the instructions I've found are for Hxc hardware or the SD card version?

Arnie

Re: Pre flashed Gotek

Post by Arnie »

I'm wondering if you have to flash the drive with the firmware first??

Wasuup

Post by Wasuup »

I shouldn't have to flash the drive - I bought it pre flashed.

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Did you use the HXCSDFE.cfg file from the firmware update package?

The latest FW to date is v3067a.

Wasuup

Post by Wasuup »

I haven't used any cfg files that say SD in the filename as my Gotek is USB. Does it make a difference?

Wasuup

Post by Wasuup »

I don't need to flash the drive that's already done. I guess I need to email to get access to the boot manager is that right?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Wasuup wrote:I don't need to flash the drive that's already done. I guess I need to email to get access to the boot manager is that right?
the boot manager is also into the previous link...

See "Usage instructions"