HxC Gotek in External Case

skel2raw

HxC Gotek in External Case

Post by skel2raw »

Hi,

since it is not easily possible to fit the Gotek drive into an Amiga 500 I was thinking about buying an external floppy drive case and placing the gotek into that one. This I could leave my A500 as it is.

Will the drive work properly in an external case or are there issues with df0 and df1 etc.?

Thanks!

rfancella

Re: HxC Gotek in External Case

Post by rfancella »

Hi,
This will work just fine. Unless you want to boot from the Gotek. ;)
I have a Gotek as DF0:, an A1010 (real external floppy drive) as DF1: and another Gotek (with an external adapter) as DF2: and they all three work just fine. ;)
There is a hack to allow your stock A500 to see the external as DF0:, but it disables your internal.

Thanks,
Ron
skel2raw wrote:Hi,

since it is not easily possible to fit the Gotek drive into an Amiga 500 I was thinking about buying an external floppy drive case and placing the gotek into that one. This I could leave my A500 as it is.

Will the drive work properly in an external case or are there issues with df0 and df1 etc.?

Thanks!

Tuxxxer

Post by Tuxxxer »

I used parts from an external Amiga drive and used the
modification to change the id of the external drive to df0.
Then i searched a long time for a box to install the gotek
and a lcd display into. Altering the case of my beloved Amiga wasn't a choice for me.

The result is pleasant for me. It works flawlessly. I'm a bad photographer. It looks better in real.

Btw.. If someone wonders about the missing usb connector.. I decided to put it on the backside, because for me an usb stick looks to pc-ish.
Attachments
20160115_201916-picsay.jpg
20160115_201916-picsay.jpg (149.08 KiB) Viewed 4468 times

rfancella

Post by rfancella »

That is nice!!

Thanks,
Ron

Tuxxxer

Post by Tuxxxer »