Problem with the Gotek software

Hans

Problem with the Gotek software

Post by Hans »

Hi Jeff.

At first, thank you and the whole team for doing all the work for the community. :D
I have placed a posting with pictures about building of the Gotek to the HxC version on the VCF site.

I have a strange problem with the modified Gotek to a "HxC usb" adapter.

This is what I use.
TRS80 Model 4P with two drives.
Gotek SFR1M-44-FU-DL
Latest version of the B-Firmware

The problem:
If I set S0 on the Gotek and select Drive A, I have Dir 0 of the selection A. and no Dir 1 (No disk)
If I set S0 on the Gotek ans select Drive B, I have Dir 0 of the selection B. and no Dir 1 (No disk)
If I set S1 on the Gotek and select Drive A, I have Dir 1 of the selection A. and no Dir 0 (No disk)
If I set S1 on the Gotek ans select Drive B, I have Dir 1 of the selection B. and no Dir 0 (No disk)
If I set S0 and S1 on the Gotek than I have on Dir1 and Dir0 the same directory and data and cannot write on
the disks, but no errors and the action seems to be done oke.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks.

norb

Re: Problem with the Gotek software

Post by norb »

Are two real disk floppy worked well?

Hans

Post by Hans »

Yes sure they do.

It is not very clear. i'am still investigating the problem.
If both drives are enabled than it is not possible to change a new directory.
The directory is changed on the display but if you list him, you get the old one.

Hans

Post by Hans »

Hi Jeff.

Some questions to make some functionality more clear.

* Is it possible to use Drive-a and Drive-b to emulate drive :0 and drive :1 at the same time.
* Is there a manual available for the Gotek version, special for the software menu options and selection of the items.
* Is it possible to support direct access for the TRS-80 file types, like JV1, JV3, DMK, IMD and DSK ?

Thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hans wrote:Hi Jeff.

Some questions to make some functionality more clear.

* Is it possible to use Drive-a and Drive-b to emulate drive :0 and drive :1 at the same time.
* Is there a manual available for the Gotek version, special for the software menu options and selection of the items.
* Is it possible to support direct access for the TRS-80 file types, like JV1, JV3, DMK, IMD and DSK ?

Thanks

The gotek emulate only one drive. So set the S0 OR the S1 jumper (not both at the same time...).
I don't don't know what you call "and selection of the items".

Anyway all is presented there :

https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... -firmware/