Gotek File Selection Normal_Mode

Paradoxic

Gotek File Selection Normal_Mode

Post by Paradoxic »

Using .... 13 September 2015: Firmware USB HxCFloppyEmulator v3.0.6.0a
I have the LCD Screen and extra pushbutton added across JA jumper position
Config file for "Normal_Mode" copied from update Zip folder to root of usb

Indexed mode with was previously working with v3.0.5.4a albeit with the button repeat issue of the "minus"/"previous" pushbutton

Now with v3.0.6.0a .....
The Previous / Next pushbuttons both seem to behave in the same way as the "minus"/"previous" button previously did in v3.0.5.4a.

I have 4 image files created from the floppy emulator software. I can select file number 1 or number 4 by keeping the previous or next pushbutton pressed whilst momentarily pressing the new "select" pushbutton. Pressing either "previous" or "next" pushbuttons alone causes the top line of the display to rapidly cycle through the 4 files but always returns to the previously selected file on releasing the button (no matter how brief or prolonged the press of the button is) There is no way I can access file numbers 2 or 3.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Gotek File Selection Normal_Mode

Post by Jeff »

Press the Select button (connected to JA) and then use the previous/next button.

Paradoxic

Post by Paradoxic »

Jeff wrote:Press the Select button (connected to JA) and then use the previous/next button.
This still allows only file 1 or file 4 to be selected. (the first and last images copied onto the USB stick)
All 4 files were created and exported from the floppy emulator program as standard 1.44MB HD DOS type, named as Raw Image 1 through to Raw Image 4. Raw Image 2 and 3 do flash past on the top line of the display, but no matter how long or briefly I press the buttons they can not be selected.

Added 2 more files, Raw Image 5 and Raw Image 6
Now only Raw Image 1 or Raw Image 6 are selectable

Delete 1 Raw Image 1 and Raw Image 2
Now only Raw Image 3 or Raw Image 6 are selectable

(I hope, and don't think it is operator error here)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Paradoxic

Post by Paradoxic »

Jeff wrote:Try this new firmware :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

(v3.0.6.2a)

Thank you that did the trick! I can now select files, and folders.

A minor issue is the repeat rate of the buttons. I am finding that I must be very brief when depressing a button or it skips forward or backwards 2 or 3 files.

Similarly, the scroll rate for long names seems too fast to read.

Will soon actually try the unit in Yamaha EL90 Organ.