Gotek Amiga HxC - Strange behaviors

Ouaibe

Gotek Amiga HxC - Strange behaviors

Post by Ouaibe »

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a Gotek with a HxC firmware and an external adaptor for the external floppy drive connector on my Amiga 1200. The HxC firmware is the latest one from 5/08.
Powering on :
. The 3 digits LCD is displaying hXc
. It's recognized as DF1 on the Quick Boot menu of the Amiga
. The USB Key is detected and Manager.hfe is launched.
But it hangs on the first screen (where it says "press help on the keyboard..." right before the adf/hfe listing).

The ADF/HFE files aren't detected, pushing the buttons on the Gotek does nothing beside displaying "hXc" or "000".

If i swap my disk drive (which is working right by the way) with the Gotek then my amiga detect 4 disk drives - DF0 to DF4 - where there is only one, the Gotek. The usb is recognized by the Gotek but not by the OS nor at boot (no manager, booting directly to the DH0).
I tried switching the jumper from S1 to S0 with no visible effect.

Any clue on making the Gotek work as it should?

Here is my Amiga configuration for the record:
Apollo 1240 with 32mo of Fast RAM
4Go CF on the original 2,5" IDE connector
Indivision AGA mk2 DVI

-----

Je viens d'acheter un Gotek flashé avec le firmware HxC dernière version (5/08) ainsi qu'un adaptateur externe pour le connecteur Floppy Drive de mon Amiga 1200.
Connecté et Amiga branché, voici ce qu'il se passe :
. Le LCD du Gotek affiche hXc
. Il est reconnu en tant que DF1 dans le menu de l'Amiga accessible via les 2 boutons de la souris au boot.
. La clef USB est détectée, le LCD affiche 000 et l'HFE Manager se lance.
L'amiga freeze au premier écran, avant l'affichage de la liste des images adf/hfe.

Il semble que les images adf/hfe ne soient pas détectées par le Gotek, une pression sur les boutons du Gotek ne produisant que l'affichage de "hXc" ou "000".

J'ai essayé en branchant le Gotek à la place du lecteur de disquette interne (qui fonctionne parfaitement). Au menu du boot sont affichés 4 lecteurs de disquettes, de DF0 à DF4 alors que seul le Gotek est branché. J'ai essayé les 2 positions du jumper du Gotek, S0 et S1 sans effets notables.

Je ne sais plus quoi faire pour faire fonctionner le Gotek...

Ouaibe

Re: Gotek Amiga HxC - Strange behaviors

Post by Ouaibe »

Ok, moment of shame :oops: : floppy ribbon connector was inversed inside DH0. It works as intended when swapped with the floppy disk.

For DH1 (outside the case, connected to this thing : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Gotek-Externe-Co ... 19fd056187) it still doesn't work. With jumper S0 it's not visible, with S1 it's visible, bootable but hangs on the first screen of the manager.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

What do you call "DH1" ?

Ouaibe

Post by Ouaibe »

Hi Jeff,

Sorry, my mistake. When i say DH1 i mean DF1, as for DH0 to DF0.

pepilloelgrillo

Post by pepilloelgrillo »

Hi!

Sorry for this small bump, but I have the same problem when using the Gotek with HxC firmware. It gets stucked in the "press Help..." screen when it is used in "Autoboot" mode, but the gotek works if I config as "indexed" mode.

My computer is an A1200 (Kickstart 3.0), with an ACA1221, and I am using the gotek as an external device, as I don't want to modify the case of the computer.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

pepilloelgrillo wrote:Hi!

Sorry for this small bump, but I have the same problem when using the Gotek with HxC firmware. It gets stucked in the "press Help..." screen when it is used in "Autoboot" mode, but the gotek works if I config as "indexed" mode.

My computer is an A1200 (Kickstart 3.0), with an ACA1221, and I am using the gotek as an external device, as I don't want to modify the case of the computer.
Please try this new version and let me know if this help :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... T_beta.zip

pepilloelgrillo

Post by pepilloelgrillo »

Hi again!

Sorry for the delay, but I travelled until I came back home today.

This selector works flawlessly. Now I can select the images for the slots, and it can read & load them.
Now only rest modding the computer for using the gotek as external DF0 (I am trying some ways, but at the moment I don't know it any would work).

Thank you for this files and for your effort.

Regards