Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post Reply
ghostinthemachine
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by ghostinthemachine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi,

i have installed an Gotek Emulator with the HXC Firmware and Oled Screen. After installing the Gotek in the Casio FZ10m. It only starts when a USB Stick with and HFE File is inserted, if i take out the Stick it hangs and does not boot at all. Any Ideas why this is happening? Anyone who got this working on an FZ10m?

Jeff_HxC2001
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:31 am

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by Jeff_HxC2001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:31 pm

ghostinthemachine wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:22 pm
Hi,

i have installed an Gotek Emulator with the HXC Firmware and Oled Screen. After installing the Gotek in the Casio FZ10m. It only starts when a USB Stick with and HFE File is inserted, if i take out the Stick it hangs and does not boot at all. Any Ideas why this is happening? Anyone who got this working on an FZ10m?
Which firmare version have you ?
What is displayed on the gotek screen without stick inserted ?

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by ghostinthemachine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:34 pm

No USB Stick found
push up down for menu


when i enter the menu and check for the software version: 3.1.23.1aL

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6465
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:42 pm

ghostinthemachine wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:34 pm
No USB Stick found
push up down for menu


when i enter the menu and check for the software version: 3.1.23.1aL
Try to update to the latest firmware :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rmware.zip

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1683&p=11486#p16456

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by ghostinthemachine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Jeff i updated to the latest Firmware but still the same. With USB Stick and HFE File it boots without it hangs on the FZ-10m Boot Screen.

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6465
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:42 pm

ghostinthemachine wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:55 pm
Jeff i updated to the latest Firmware but still the same. With USB Stick and HFE File it boots without it hangs on the FZ-10m Boot Screen.
Try to force the interface mode : Press both buttons to enter the menu, choose "Interface cfg" then "shugart" and "exit".

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by ghostinthemachine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 pm

I tried that with the shugart mode. but still the same problem.

is there an image out there with the optional software for ram testing the FZ Sampler?

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by ghostinthemachine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:22 pm

what is the jumper setting for the Casio FZ?

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6465
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:53 pm

ghostinthemachine wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:22 pm
what is the jumper setting for the Casio FZ?
S0 i suppose, but let's check the setting : What was the old drive brand and model and what is its jumper setting ?

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by ghostinthemachine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 pm

I tried S0, Mo, S0+Mo no luck.

It hangs till i put a usb into the emulator.

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6465
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by Jeff » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:37 pm

ghostinthemachine wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 pm
I tried S0, Mo, S0+Mo no luck.

It hangs till i put a usb into the emulator.
No idea about the floppy disk drive brand & model ?

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by ghostinthemachine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Matsushita FMD02290B4

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6465
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by Jeff » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:42 pm

ghostinthemachine wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 pm
Matsushita FMD02290B4
FMD02290B4 is not the product model.

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by ghostinthemachine » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:01 am

It is JU-255

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6465
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Casio FZ 10m problems with Gotek

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 pm

Can you share the images you are using ?

Post Reply