Casio FZ10m Converting FZF to HFE problems

agent29

Casio FZ10m Converting FZF to HFE problems

Post by agent29 »

Hi im having issues with converting several internet sourced CASIO FZF images to HFE or an issue with the Gotek not liking the images?

I am using the Gotek in indexed mode with the latest fw at the time of writing (HXCFEUSB_V3_1_30_1a.upd) and attempting to convert an FZF through the "Load Raw Image" function selecting the Casio FZ template, loading then exporting it naming the file DSKA0000.hfe. When attempting to load the converted images the casio produces one LED flash on the gotek then just hangs on "executing"

I am unable to compress any of the the files to the 256KiB limit in order to upload.

Is this the correct method for fzf files? other that this issue the casio loads and saves data to and from itself without fault.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Casio FZ10m Converting FZF to HFE problems

Post by Jeff »

agent29 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi im having issues with converting several internet sourced CASIO FZF images to HFE or an issue with the Gotek not liking the images?

I am using the Gotek in indexed mode with the latest fw at the time of writing (HXCFEUSB_V3_1_30_1a.upd) and attempting to convert an FZF through the "Load Raw Image" function selecting the Casio FZ template, loading then exporting it naming the file DSKA0000.hfe. When attempting to load the converted images the casio produces one LED flash on the gotek then just hangs on "executing"

I am unable to compress any of the the files to the 256KiB limit in order to upload.

Is this the correct method for fzf files? other that this issue the casio loads and saves data to and from itself without fault.
Is the whole thing working with other casio hfe images ?

agent29

Post by agent29 »

Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply.

I think I have just found the issue. Most of, if not all of my other music equipment with the gotek / hxc requires me to convert images using "Load raw image" function, this does not appear to work with FZF images. Using the "Load" function however does and I have been able to successfully load a few images. I haven't tested them all but I am confident they should work.

regards.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

agent29 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:56 pm
Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply.

I think I have just found the issue. Most of, if not all of my other music equipment with the gotek / hxc requires me to convert images using "Load raw image" function, this does not appear to work with FZF images. Using the "Load" function however does and I have been able to successfully load a few images. I haven't tested them all but I am confident they should work.

regards.
Yes there is a specific loader in the software. just use "Load" or drag & drop the file on the software window. (And for the batch converter too).