Writing to image slots on an S-750 (Gotek)

HxC Floppy Emulator Roland Samplers/Keyboards support
Jidis

Writing to image slots on an S-750 (Gotek)

Post by Jidis »

Hi,

It doesn't seem as though I'm able to write to images on this HxC flashed Gotek, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I've got the procedure wrong, or if it isn't possible. I figured it was a general issue rather than a Gotek one. What I tried was this:

- Create 3.5" 1.44MB DSHD FAT12 HFE image from the File Browser
- Save to flash disk and rename as DSKA0010.HFE (I'm in "indexed" mode with ten other images already on the drive)
- Insert USB stick in Gotek (on a Roland S-750) and move to slot 10
- Format from S-750's disk utility menu

- Load some content from a different 1.44MB image slot
- Move Gotek back to slot 10 and try to save

I get a few seconds of

# File Scanning .......
# Sample File .......

and then "Floppy Write Error"

Did I do anything wrong? My Gotek is the three digit display type. I've got the two 1K pull-ups on 2 & 34, set for drive 0, and the motor enable pins jumped. The 750 is running the latest OS v2.25.

Thanks!

Jidis

Re: Writing to image slots on an S-750 (Gotek)

Post by Jidis »

I seem to have made some headway on this if the info means anything -

It doesn't appear to be having trouble with the DD 720k images. I've written system and sound data to a bunch of them as well as formatted them. My problem may be in the format of the 1.44MB images. It can read many of them, and I've got one or two that I can write to with no error (they started off as Roland ".out" images, changed to .img then converted to .hfe by the utility). Problem seems to occur if I format them on the Roland. The formatting goes through with no error, but it doesn't look like I'm able to successfully write to any of them after that. It usually tries to, then gives a write error when it's done.

Thanks!