ferdji

Re: Akai S950

Post by ferdji »

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ferdji wrote:Image
Are you using a twisted floppy cable ? If no, move the jumper to the "ID0 Drive A" position :
jumpersettings.jpg
jumpersettings.jpg (70.1 KiB) Viewed 11639 times

ferdji

Post by ferdji »

I understand now. My problem was from my floppy cable.
If i use the orginal one no probs. With the cable extends, problems appears.
Thanks Jeff.

I mean the new cable was too long, informations could not be read correctly.

ferdji

Post by ferdji »

jandoe wrote:This is an empty floppy image generated with the parameters I posted earlier in this thread. http://jandoe.de/950/floppy01.hfe
Hi all is ok for me now.
The image disk is the bigger one we can use with S950 ?

ppen

Post by ppen »

I'm having a problem with s950.

When i try to access the disk (load/save), the machine tells me that i need to format it. When i try to format, i get an error that write-protection is on. I have two Kingston 2gb sd-cards that i have tried plenty of times (i can write/read on them on my pc without any problems). Obviously write-protection clip is on non-protection position.

I'm using same floppy images as on previous posts and i have tried every jumper settings on emulator. I also have tried 3 different floppy cables (original, another one with same length and brand new longer one). Any ideas how to solve this?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ppen wrote:I'm having a problem with s950.

When i try to access the disk (load/save), the machine tells me that i need to format it. When i try to format, i get an error that write-protection is on. I have two Kingston 2gb sd-cards that i have tried plenty of times (i can write/read on them on my pc without any problems). Obviously write-protection clip is on non-protection position.

I'm using same floppy images as on previous posts and i have tried every jumper settings on emulator. I also have tried 3 different floppy cables (original, another one with same length and brand new longer one). Any ideas how to solve this?

Where is the red wire of the floppy cable ? to the left or to the right of the floppy emulator ? (a picture please).

ppen

Post by ppen »

it's on the right side (in this case it's blue)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ppen wrote:Image

it's on the right side (in this case it's blue)
In the s950 case you must Revert the floppy cable.

ppen

Post by ppen »

Thanks, now it's working.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ppen wrote:
Thanks, now it's working.
Good to know this :D .

Have Fun !

banksy76

Post by banksy76 »

I am soon hoping to be placing an order for my HxC Card Reader and floppy Drive Emulator to use with my Akai S950 sampler. However, I am now trying to establish the best way for me to transfer my current S950 library (which is quite immense!) to my computer from floppy disc in order to organize the files and then transfer them onto the SD card. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

banksy76 wrote:I am soon hoping to be placing an order for my HxC Card Reader and floppy Drive Emulator to use with my Akai S950 sampler. However, I am now trying to establish the best way for me to transfer my current S950 library (which is quite immense!) to my computer from floppy disc in order to organize the files and then transfer them onto the SD card. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Use the floppy disk dump tool present into the software.

banksy76

Post by banksy76 »

Jeff wrote:
banksy76 wrote:I am soon hoping to be placing an order for my HxC Card Reader and floppy Drive Emulator to use with my Akai S950 sampler. However, I am now trying to establish the best way for me to transfer my current S950 library (which is quite immense!) to my computer from floppy disc in order to organize the files and then transfer them onto the SD card. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Use the floppy disk dump tool present into the software.
Thanks Jeff
Will this software be for both Mac and PC?
Also, will an internally installed floppy drive be required or will this work with the USB type floppy drives?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

banksy76 wrote:Thanks Jeff
Will this software be for both Mac and PC?
Also, will an internally installed floppy drive be required or will this work with the USB type floppy drives?
On Mac this is only available in command line.
Internal disk drive support only.
This thing can help you : http://www.kryoflux.com/
Try also winimage with your usb floppy disk drive : http://www.winimage.com/download.htm

banksy76

Post by banksy76 »

Thank you for the swift reply and the information provided.

One other question; is it possible to connected the HxC drive emulator to the Akai S950 without removing its existing floppy drive and be able to access data from both of them?