MPC60ii- HXC SD rev f ff03 disk write protected error

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
s_a_p

MPC60ii- HXC SD rev f ff03 disk write protected error

Post by s_a_p »

I had a second hand S900 that I purchased with a Rev f floppy-> sd emulator. It worked well enough but that S900 is in need of some repairs. I am in the middle of restoring an MPC60ii, the last item to fix was the floppy drive which reads/writes 10% of the time. This evening, I pulled the HXC out of the S900 and installed it in the MPC. I had to flip the cable, but it appears to be able to read the hfe images. However if I try to format or save to any of the disk images I get an error ff03 "This disk is write protected. Reset the disk's write protect tab and save again.

I noticed there are some dip switches on the HxC, do I need to set them any certain way? i purchased the same Hxc from Lotharek for my SP-1200 and remember it being pretty much plug and play. I really want to get this thing up and running so please let me know if you need any info to troubleshoot. I can send pictures/setting info as needed.

The MPC has Roger Lynn 3.1e os, and max ram expansion. Also has scsi interface if that matters. Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: MPC60ii- HXC SD rev f ff03 disk write protected error

Post by Jeff »

The write protect is based on the sdcard write protect switch. Check it.
If still doesn't work you can force/ignore the write protect state. You can change this into the internal menu : remove the sdcard, press select. There is an menu entry for the write protect state.

s_a_p

Re: MPC60ii- HXC SD rev f ff03 disk write protected error

Post by s_a_p »

Jeff wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:41 am
The write protect is based on the sdcard write protect switch. Check it.
If still doesn't work you can force/ignore the write protect state. You can change this into the internal menu : remove the sdcard, press select. There is an menu entry for the write protect state.
Thank you! I just had to force write, as the copy protection on the card was off. consider this resolved.