S2800, i want to order one HXC emulator...anything else?

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
arnoux

S2800, i want to order one HXC emulator...anything else?

Post by arnoux »

Hi All,

I have an S2800 without SCSI connection. (although its possible to buy as an expansion).

Just want to see it clear... I really aprecciate for any infos and corrections. :)

1. HXC emulator. (Replacing floppy drive) So like this i can load up the samples to AKAI.
2. Because i dont have SCSI connection on the backside of the AKAI, can i simply load up CF card with a simple USB Card reader? Or its possible only through SCSI?
3. I need to format the CF Card or the complete Emulator?
4. As i think i need chickensys translator to make akai sample format and programs. Also by this software is the easiest way formatting CF card ?

Thanks in adv!

teevee

Re: S2800, i want to order one HXC emulator...anything else?

Post by teevee »

arnoux wrote:Hi All,

I have an S2800 without SCSI connection. (although its possible to buy as an expansion).

Just want to see it clear... I really aprecciate for any infos and corrections. :)

1. HXC emulator. (Replacing floppy drive) So like this i can load up the samples to AKAI.
2. Because i dont have SCSI connection on the backside of the AKAI, can i simply load up CF card with a simple USB Card reader? Or its possible only through SCSI?
3. I need to format the CF Card or the complete Emulator?
4. As i think i need chickensys translator to make akai sample format and programs. Also by this software is the easiest way formatting CF card ?

Thanks in adv!
simple answer:
You will be able to do extracly the same as now with the floppy drive, but instead of saving on a floppy...then you can save it on another device (SD, USB etc...)