Akai S2000 - A few quick questions.

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
banksy76

Akai S2000 - A few quick questions.

Post by banksy76 »

Ok I am attempting to use my HxC floppy emulator with an Akai S2000 which requires to boot from disc upon powering up. I have used the HxC software to read the original boot disc and create an image of this which I have then placed on the SD card along with the HXCSDFE file and now require confirmation on a few points please.

1. First of all, from what I understand, no modifications are required here such as that for the S950 and that with the S2000 it is just a simple case of swapping out the existing floppy drive and connecting both the data and power cables, yes?

2. Ok, what should the jumper setting be for use on the S2000?

3. In the 'SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Settings' page of the supplied software what do I need to change from the default setting in order for me to boot from the SD card?

Many thanks in advance.

teevee

Re: Akai S2000 - A few quick questions.

Post by teevee »

banksy76 wrote:Ok I am attempting to use my HxC floppy emulator with an Akai S2000 which requires to boot from disc upon powering up. I have used the HxC software to read the original boot disc and create an image of this which I have then placed on the SD card along with the HXCSDFE file and now require confirmation on a few points please.

1. First of all, from what I understand, no modifications are required here such as that for the S950 and that with the S2000 it is just a simple case of swapping out the existing floppy drive and connecting both the data and power cables, yes?

2. Ok, what should the jumper setting be for use on the S2000?

3. In the 'SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Settings' page of the supplied software what do I need to change from the default setting in order for me to boot from the SD card?

Many thanks in advance.
1. We dont know what Rev of HxC floppy emulator you have but on the link below is modification recommended:
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... upport.htm

2. You could start out by testing -> DS0A/ID0A

3. The answer you will find here -> http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... =28&t=1582

banksy76

Post by banksy76 »

Many thanks for the reply and links provided.

So the S2000 does indeed require the same resistor mod as the S950.
Does the data cable need to be reversed as well?
What about the jumper settings, the same as the S950?

banksy76

Post by banksy76 »

banksy76 wrote:Many thanks for the reply and links provided.

So the S2000 does indeed require the same resistor mod as the S950.
Does the data cable need to be reversed as well?
What about the jumper settings, the same as the S950?
Bump!
Could someone confirm for me please if the data cable needs to be reversed for using with the S2000 and what the appropriate jumper settings are. Many thanks.

BHOBuds_dot_com

Post by BHOBuds_dot_com »

Jumper as default
Cable not reversed (same direction as floppy drive so cable bump faces the bottom)