S900+Gotek Issue

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
TheBeachBorg

S900+Gotek Issue

Post by TheBeachBorg »

Hey,

I know I'm missing something here. So far I've installed the Gotek. When booting the display reads HXC and the S900 loads properly. If I insert the usb drive with the downloaded/zipped s900 folder (including the .cfg and .hfe files) and press the disk button, the S900 display reads "OOPS No Disk Mounted" I've check the ribbon cables. What am I missing?

I bought the drive preloaded with the latest HXC firmware, and I've tried multiple USB drives.

mondo1976

Re: S900+Gotek Issue

Post by mondo1976 »

Make sure you unzip the archive into the root directory of the USB drive. The CFG/HFE files should not be in any subfolders. Also make sure the USB drive is formatted as FAT32.

If you have it setup correctly then the Gotek display should read "000". If it only reads HxC then something isn't right. You can ignore the S900 display until you get the Gotek to recognize that a virtual disk is present.

TheBeachBorg

Post by TheBeachBorg »

Any idea what it could mean if it stays on "hxc"? I've tried switching the ribbon cable both ways. The opposite of what it is now lead only to S900 boot hang-ups. No change on the Gotek.

TheBeachBorg

Post by TheBeachBorg »

Resolved

Shy

Post by Shy »

I have the same issue, how did you resolve this?

teevee

Post by teevee »

Shy wrote:I have the same issue, how did you resolve this?
Your HxC floppy drive is supposed to show at least “000” if you have done as mondo1976 mentioned above.
* You can download the quickinstall package here -> https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip < try copying the content from the S-900 folder onto your USB stick (which is formated as FAT32) and if that doesn’t work, then you should test another USB stick ;)

Some more information about your issue and what you have done to try finding a solution would be cool.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Hi

I have a problem with my gotek in my S900.
I think I have done what it takes but nothing goes ^^

- The floppy cable works well with the original 3.5 drive
- All files at the root .. hfe & HXCSDFE.CFG
- The files hfe are named DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE ...
- I tested with several USB stick, formatted in fat32.
- Jumper on S0 and reverse the floppy cable. (I tested S1 too)

My gotek displays HXC, with or without the usb stick.
BUT never the 000, 001, 002...
My S900 boot and run good, but Gokek is freeze on "HXC"

I do not know what to do :(

Otherwise in the quickinstaller package the folder contains the S2000 Os? It must be an error.

teevee

Post by teevee »

Obsolete wrote:Hi

I have a problem with my gotek in my S900.
I think I have done what it takes but nothing goes ^^

- The floppy cable works well with the original 3.5 drive
- All files at the root .. hfe & HXCSDFE.CFG
- The files hfe are named DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE ...
- I tested with several USB stick, formatted in fat32.
- Jumper on S0 and reverse the floppy cable. (I tested S1 too)

My gotek displays HXC, with or without the usb stick.
BUT never the 000, 001, 002...
My S900 boot and run good, but Gokek is freeze on "HXC"

I do not know what to do :(

Otherwise in the quickinstaller package the folder contains the S2000 Os? It must be an error.
Is your Gotek HxC drive frozen or is it waiting for a usb stick?
• You can test, by holding the two blank knobs, while you power the device. The Gotek screen will then change to LDR. You can then re-load the firmware/software (HXCFEUSB_HFE_V3_0_8_2a.upd) with the following package -> https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

I don’t know if the config file in the quick-install package is the same for the USB version. In the same .zip I linked you above, you will find another config file under the following path:
HXCFEUSB_HFE_beta_firmware\Config_Files\Indexed_mode

Try to copy this config file and one of the DSKA0000.HFE from quickinstall package on to your stick and test again.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Hi

I ended up finding a solution, but thank you for your message.

Others will find good information here ;)

Akai S900 and Gotek work very well :mrgreen:

tk1

Post by tk1 »

I've just installed a FAT32 HxC formatted Gotek drive on my S900. Downloaded and unzipped the folder provided in the link. Copied all CFG/HFE files to root folder on USB. The Gotek reads 000 through to 999. Hit DISK then ENTER and nothing loads :cry: Can someone please help?

Mac

Post by Mac »

I’m having No luck getting my reader to work with my S900 after following the instructions. The screen just reads hHc what can I do to troubleshoot this issue ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Mac wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:08 am
I’m having No luck getting my reader to work with my S900 after following the instructions. The screen just reads hHc what can I do to troubleshoot this issue ?
Use the S900 HFE files present into this archive
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip

and the attached cfg file (indexed mode).
HXCSDFE.CFG.zip
(177 Bytes) Downloaded 508 times

Mac

Post by Mac »

Must have been my CFG file because now she works. Thanks.

rew_

Post by rew_ »

I apologize for reviving an old thread but this seemed the most appropriate place to post.

tl;dr: I can load the s900 4.0 firmware disk image. I cannot load any other disk image, and I'm not getting an error message. More detail below:

I recently purchased a Gotek drive for my s900. I flashed the HXC firmware onto it, and I believe I have done this correctly:

* I see "HXC" when I power on the device
* When I insert a USB stick with the s900 files from the QuickInstall_FloopyDiskImages file I can paginate through the images, 000 --> 001 --> 002 etc. I'm using the indexed config file

The problem comes with loading the disk images. When I power on the s900 I see "Akai s900 Version 1,2". I insert the usb stick, and I can paginate through the disk images as before.

When I'm on disk image 000 and I navigate to "Disk" on the s900, I get the "Clear memory and load entire disk (ENT)" prompt. I see that Memory is at 0% and the disk is at 7%. When I hit ENT the image loads: "Loading S900 4.0". I then get the "Akai s900 4.0 x-fade looping-filter etc" message, and I'm returned to the "Play" screen. It seems as if I've successfully loaded the disk image.

The problem: When I paginate to *any other disk image* on the usb stick and navigate to "Disk", I get the "Clear memory and load etc" prompt, but both Memory and Disk read 0%. Hitting ENT does nothing: no disk loading, no error message, no feedback at all. It's like the disk image is there but the s900 isn't reading it?

I think the issue here may be the sampler and not the drive but I'm at wit's end and wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem. I don't understand why I would be able to successfully load one disk image but no others.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

So what you say it that the disk change is not detected ? the "4.0" is the os version ? Are you trying to load an os ?