MPC2000 Boot Attempts: 1000 Partitions Feature Fails

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
Renski

MPC2000 Boot Attempts: 1000 Partitions Feature Fails

Post by Renski »

Hey Jeff,

I cannot get my Gotek sfr1m44-u100k to partition my USB stick into 1000 partitions.

Whenever I hold down the left and right buttons simultaneously and then power on the MPC2000, the Gotek emulator enters HxC bootloader mode and flashes "Ldr" across the LED screen WHETHER OR NOT I have a USB stick inserted. I have successfully upgraded the firmware (trying several versions, even older ones), so I am confident that my USB sticks work properly, and I've formatted several different USB sticks and used each of them during HxC bootloader mode to upgrade firmware with the .UPD files.

The "USB HxC Floppy Emulator Status" reads "FTDI Driver D2XX Not Installed!" so I installed the FTDI drivers (DX22 & Virtual Com Port) to my computer just in case these drivers were required for USB stick data transfer purposes. I'm running Windows 7 64Bit, and although the drivers seem to be installed, the "Not Installed!" message remains.

My USB Emulator software settings are as such:

Driver ID: DS0
Mode: Generic Shugart
File System Type: 3.5" 1.44MB DSHD FAT12
Disk Size: 1.39
File Size: 3.22.59
MPC OS Files = "MPC2000.EXE" [191.80 KB] "MPC2000.SYS" [130.79KB]
Disk Image: 80 Track, 2 Sides

Any speculation concerning the failure to partition. I've never gotten the MPC2000.EXE or MPC2000.SYS to be accepted in any of my boot attempts despite choosing several file format options (.IMG, .RAW, .HFE), and I am at an extreme dead end here. Am I missing something within the software settings? Please advise, thanks in advance.

mondo1976

Re: MPC2000 Boot Attempts: 1000 Partitions Feature Fails

Post by mondo1976 »

You don't partition the stick. All you need to do is copy a bunch of HFEs to the drive. You'll probably need an Index mode CFG file and the HFEs should be named "DSKAxxxx.HFE" where xxxx is 0000, 0001, 0002, etc.

The FTDI Driver D2XX Not Installed! thing is because you're using the incorrect part of the HxC software. That's for a different product than the Gotek HxC.

Renski

Re: MPC2000 Boot Attempts: 1000 Partitions Feature Fails

Post by Renski »

Thanks Mondo,
Someone helped me resolve several misunderstandings since my last post, and it looks like I only need to acquire an image of the original MPC 2000 O.S. floppy disk in order to move forward. I'll send out requests among several forums and see if anyone will provide. Thanks for the reply!

Does anybody have a image file (of the floppy) MPC2000 1.72 boot disk?