How To Create S950 Floppy Disk Image From Programs/Samples?

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
who

Re: How To Create S950 Floppy Disk Image From Programs/Sampl

Post by who »

The latest version of EMXP supports writing of Akai S1000 image files!! I just converted my first image and loaded it into my S950 and it worked! Here's how I did it:

1. Converted the SF2 to EB1 (EMXP only supports conversion from Emax files to S1000 files)
2. Converted the EB1 file to .AKI file using EMXP
3. Created an HFE file using the HXC Floppy Emulator software. (I checked the Treat Input Files As Raw Files box then selected Akai S950 3"5 HD Floppy Disk option, then clicked the Close button)
4. Loaded the HFE file from the HxC emulator installed in my S950

This is going to be a game-changer for using my Akais!!

who

Post by who »

Esynthesist just released a new version of EMXP that better supports the Akai S950:

http://users.skynet.be/emxp/index.htm

:D

kamanchidoyle

Re: How To Create S950 Floppy Disk Image From Programs/Samples?

Post by kamanchidoyle »

Hey dude,

I hope this finds you well. I'm wondering if you could provide more detail as to how you accomplished this. I've been spinning my wheels all day trying to make headway. I've an s950 with HxC Floppy emulator and would ideally like to be able to convert WAV files into HFE disk images for use on the 950. I've downloaded WINE for MacOS and I gather this is the facility for making the conversion but am getting totally bogged down in the manual. Any further detail most welcome!

kamanchidoyle

Post by kamanchidoyle »

who wrote:
Sun May 22, 2016 4:48 pm
The latest version of EMXP supports writing of Akai S1000 image files!! I just converted my first image and loaded it into my S950 and it worked! Here's how I did it:

1. Converted the SF2 to EB1 (EMXP only supports conversion from Emax files to S1000 files)
2. Converted the EB1 file to .AKI file using EMXP
3. Created an HFE file using the HXC Floppy Emulator software. (I checked the Treat Input Files As Raw Files box then selected Akai S950 3"5 HD Floppy Disk option, then clicked the Close button)
4. Loaded the HFE file from the HxC emulator installed in my S950

This is going to be a game-changer for using my Akais!!
Hey dude,

I hope this finds you well. I'm wondering if you could provide more detail as to how you accomplished this. I've been spinning my wheels all day trying to make headway. I've an s950 with HxC Floppy emulator and would ideally like to be able to convert WAV files into HFE disk images for use on the 950. I've downloaded WINE for MacOS and I gather this is the facility for making the conversion but am getting totally bogged down in the manual. Any further detail most welcome!

HB3

Post by HB3 »

I spent a lot of hours trying to get this hack to work and it never did. Eventually I gave up and put the original floppy drive back in.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

HB3 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 am
I spent a lot of hours trying to get this hack to work and it never did. Eventually I gave up and put the original floppy drive back in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sexMgpKs_NM
:D

Your issue was quite uncommon and odd (My files working while yours not working even if identical to mine ( :?: :?: :?: ) ). There is 2 possibilities : An user error that i don't see/can't see, or an SDCard problem. I asked you if you have tried another sdcard and never got any answer...