AKAI S900

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
SKRYPTRS

Re: AKAI S900

Post by SKRYPTRS »

Hey guys wondering if you could help me also. I have an s990 with a gotek usb emulator. I downloaded the .cfg and .hfe (30) files onto my 16gb drive formatted at fat32. I get a green light when I boot my s900 and I can access my individual partitions and format them. However when I go to save anything it asks me to format it again and it kind of keeps on this vicious cycle. These are the jumper settings I used not sure if they're correct: I have 3 jumpers. They are on the MO, S1, and JA. It's 2 in the morning and I'm yanking what's left of my hair lol. Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Remove the JA and MO jumpers, and move the S1 to S0.

SKRYPTRS

Post by SKRYPTRS »

Made it work. Thanks a lot. You're awesome!

TheBeachBorg

Post by TheBeachBorg »

Is it possible to use the Gotek USB Floppy Emulator with the S900 or only the SD card version? I ask because the HxC info page states the USB can't write? Does this mean with the Gotek USB the S900 could only Read and NOT write onto the USB?

What is the performance difference between the USB and SD emulators?

Thanks

SPOD

Post by SPOD »

I just want to confirm something, this HxC SD floppy emulator allows you to name the floppies, right? But the Gotek USB units only let you number them?

Is that correct?

Do you need any other gear other than just this drive to install this in an S900? http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=121

And would that drive also work in an MPC 3000?

Thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

SPOD wrote:I just want to confirm something, this HxC SD floppy emulator allows you to name the floppies, right? But the Gotek USB units only let you number them?

Is that correct?
yes
SPOD wrote: Do you need any other gear other than just this drive to install this in an S900? http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=121

And would that drive also work in an MPC 3000?

Thanks
this one is just fine for the S900.

for the mpc3000 it still have an disk change issue...