USB floppy emulator installed in MPC 2000 (classic) question

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
DenMarkSoul

USB floppy emulator installed in MPC 2000 (classic) question

Post by DenMarkSoul »

How can i save 100 1.44mb to a 8gb scan disk? I want to load my os from the scan disk as well as save music i create from the mpc 2000. Is this possible? Or is it only possible to save and load 1.44mb from it.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: USB floppy emulator installed in MPC 2000 (classic) ques

Post by Jeff »

DenMarkSoul wrote:How can i save 100 1.44mb to a 8gb scan disk? I want to load my os from the scan disk as well as save music i create from the mpc 2000. Is this possible? Or is it only possible to save and load 1.44mb from it.
Which emulator are you talking about exactly ?

DenMarkSoul

Post by DenMarkSoul »

The Gotek USB Floppy Emulator SFR1M44-U100K. I did the formatting using the emulator by holding the 2 buttons down. Now I'm trying to figure out how to partition it to 1000 floopys using my pc. I have a scandisk w/ 8gb. I have tried several different programs but this part is so confusing for me. I would like to have 1000 or even 100 folders to save songs I will be making using my MPC 2000. I hve the USB Floppy Emulator installed in my MPC 2000. It works correctly if i just use the stick as 1 floppy. How do I partition it for 1000 or 100 floppys?

I'm so confused on this part. I downloaded probably 3 different partition programs.

DenMarkSoul

Post by DenMarkSoul »

I wanted to mention I did the formatting process on the emulator with the usb stick (8gb) plugged into it. I held both buttons down on the emulator until it final reached number "999" and then ultimately "F01" and then released the buttons once it displayed "F01". It then displayed "000" on the emulator.

From what I read on a post on google. It said then I would be able to plug my usb stick into my laptop and then create folders within the usb to read "000" until "999". Is this correct? I can then start dragging and dropping the os for the mpc 2000 to file "001". Also, I can add wav. file sounds to "002" and so forth. I want to note that when I plug the usb into my laptop. It only shows the usb as having 165kb of 1.38mb free. Does this mean it was formatted correctly?

When I attempt to drag sounds to any folders after I drag the OS files for the mpc 2000 to folder "001". It gives me a message of not enough space. How do get it so each folder is 1.44mb (or 1.38mb)?

Another thing to note. When I plug the USB into the emulator which is connected internally to the mpc 2000. The display shows "000" and doesn't find the OS files for the MPC. It gives the error message "load OS disk". When I swicth to "001" on the emulators display. It still gives the same "load OS disk" message.

If i don't create any folders and just simply drag the MPC 2000 OS files to the usb when it is plugged into my laptop. Then plug in the usb to the mpc and turn it on. The emulator displays "000" but it then loads the OS for the MPC 2000 and it cuts on.

What am I doing incorrectly? I want to be able to use alll the 1000 folders on the usb to save and load files from. How do I get them to all be 1.44mb folders?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Get an HxC Floppy Emulator and then i will be able to help.

EDIT : You can also reflash this Gotek drive with the HxC Firmware to make it work properly with the MPC 2000 :

https://hxc2001.com/store/