Akai MPC 2000 Classic Unable to Change Disk

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
thewickedemcee

Akai MPC 2000 Classic Unable to Change Disk

Post by thewickedemcee »

Hello

I am having trouble changing floppies with emulator Rev F on my 2000 Classic while trying to load data that spans more than one floppy. I can select the next disk with no problem, the screen on the emulator shows that the next image is selected but the MPC keeps telling me to change disks. Also, whenever I try to load any disk at all from the MPC's load menu, I have to press the load button more than once before the floppy shows up. The first time I press it always shows "no disk". Is there a setting that anyone knows of that will fix the problem?

Thanks!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Akai MPC 2000 Classic Unable to Change Disk

Post by Jeff »

thewickedemcee wrote:Hello

I am having trouble changing floppies with emulator Rev F on my 2000 Classic while trying to load data that spans more than one floppy. I can select the next disk with no problem, the screen on the emulator shows that the next image is selected but the MPC keeps telling me to change disks. Also, whenever I try to load any disk at all from the MPC's load menu, I have to press the load button more than once before the floppy shows up. The first time I press it always shows "no disk". Is there a setting that anyone knows of that will fix the problem?

Thanks!
yes i suppose that this is the same issue as with the akai mpc 3000.
An extra signal is needed for the disk change.

Question : Do you think to be able to make some small electrical/wires modifications ?

thewickedemcee

Post by thewickedemcee »

Yes, I should be able to.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok. let me do the instructions.

thewickedemcee

Post by thewickedemcee »

I just upgraded to the beta firmware and now it is working properly. Maybe it was a problem in the firmware? I was using 1.8.2.40.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

thewickedemcee wrote:I just upgraded to the beta firmware and now it is working properly. Maybe it was a problem in the firmware? I was using 1.8.2.40.
Seriously ? Possible (some floppy IO functions improved) but i am quite surprised. This need to be tested on the MPC3000.
Anyway this is a good news :D .

BTW can you provide some pictures of the your MPC with the HxC ? :)