Akai s900 and HxC Slim questions

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
Satoriikiru

Akai s900 and HxC Slim questions

Post by Satoriikiru »

I recently purchased an HxC Slim for my s900 sampler, and after loading the SD card with the .cfg and .hfe files, when booting and pressing "disk", I get the message "Oops! Disk Not Mounted." I've tried switching the jumpers, using different SD cards, reformatting the cards to FAT32, repositioning the ribbon cable, etc and still no dice. What am I missing? Is the slim not compatible with my machine?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Akai s900 and HxC Slim questions

Post by Jeff »

It is compatible.
But you need to activate the "indexed mode" into the cfg file and name the files DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE, DSKA0002.HFE,...

Satoriikiru

Post by Satoriikiru »

Of course. In my rush to get everything put together I neglected to activate indexed mode after I entered the s900 setting from the configuration menu. I'm using the pre-made disk images and it works like a charm!

vinnciombe

Post by vinnciombe »

Hi there,

I recently got a HxC USB floppy emulator which I intend to use with my S900, I can generate the DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE etc. with the HxCFloppyEmulator tool, that much is simple.

Where can I find, or can anyone help me out with, an OS v4.0 AUTOBOOT.HFE and the S900 .CFG so I can enable indexed mode.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

UPDATE:

I have since found the QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages zip file, downloaded and copied the 30 .HFE files and the HXCSDFE.CFG to my USB disk, but to no avail. Just "OOPS! Disk not mounted...."

The flash drive flashes in the reader, and the 3 digit display reads hXc. I tried flipping the ribbon cable over, but this caused the S900 to hang at boot, as I have seen it do when flipping the ribbon cable using regular floppy drives.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vin

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Try to update the firmware.