akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

HxC Floppy Emulator Akai Keyboards/Samplers support
gianitaly
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by gianitaly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Jeff wrote:@gianitaly & hizerock

New firmware in your email box :

Update it,

Set your switchs to ID0-A AND ID3-A.

Then on the emulator :

Remove the SDCard

Press select (middle button)
-> <Interface CFG >
-> <Custom>
-> <Pin 2 setting>
-> <nDensity>
-> <Pin 34 setting>
-> <nReady2> (the "2" is important ;) )
<Exit>
<Exit>

Let me know how the thing works.
hi jeff

with new firmware and partition 4.5 mb, menu settings, jumper id id-0a-3a not work

gianitaly
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by gianitaly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:13 pm

gianitaly wrote:
Jeff wrote:@gianitaly & hizerock

New firmware in your email box :

Update it,

Set your switchs to ID0-A AND ID3-A.

Then on the emulator :

Remove the SDCard

Press select (middle button)
-> <Interface CFG >
-> <Custom>
-> <Pin 2 setting>
-> <nDensity>
-> <Pin 34 setting>
-> <nReady2> (the "2" is important ;) )
<Exit>
<Exit>

Let me know how the thing works.
hi jeff

with new firmware and partition 4.5 mb, menu settings, jumper id id-0a-3a not work
with firmware V1_8_2_0a and partition 4.5 work but it is necessary use the trick mpc error
for the moment the best option

gianitaly
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by gianitaly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:13 am

I just sent to you an big 4.5MB disk image. Try to save something bigger than 1.44MB on this and tell me if this work.
(don't format the image !)

Anyway it seems that Akai choose once again a non-standard way to make the disk change detection :
Can you send me a picture of your original disk drive : I want to see the disk drive jumpers & brand + model !.
@hizerock : Please do the same.

hi jeff
I have sent the pictures of floppy drive in your mailbox

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6786
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by Jeff » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:37 am

gianitaly wrote: hi jeff
I have sent the pictures of floppy drive in your mailbox
Thanks for the pictures.

So the MPC3000 use the line 4 as a disk change signal. This explain the problem since the HxC doesn't drive this line.

Are you able to do simple modification ? (solder a wire ?)

The plan is to modify the hxc or the floppy cable in order to emulate this missing signal.
i think that the "Write Protect" signal should be ok to do the job.

gianitaly
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by gianitaly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:50 am

Jeff wrote:
gianitaly wrote: hi jeff
I have sent the pictures of floppy drive in your mailbox
Thanks for the pictures.

So the MPC3000 use the line 4 as a disk change signal. This explain the problem since the HxC doesn't drive this line.

Are you able to do simple modification ? (solder a wire ?)

The plan is to modify the hxc or the floppy cable in order to emulate this missing signal.
i think that the "Write Protect" signal should be ok to do the job.
hi jeff
yes ... I can solder a wire but I'm happy with how it works now
is a secure change?
What should I do?
Last edited by gianitaly on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hizerock
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by hizerock » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:42 pm

@gianitaly are you able to save more than 1,44mb?
what are your settings?
thank you

gianitaly
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by gianitaly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 pm

hizerock wrote:@gianitaly are you able to save more than 1,44mb?
what are your settings?
thank you
hxc software update installed: HXCFE_V1_8_2_0a.upd

That check your switch setting is Set to ID0-A.

Then on the emulator:

Remove the SDCard

Press select (middle button)
-> <interface CFG>
-> <Custom>
-> <pin 2 Setting>
-> <nDensity>
-> <pin 34 Setting>
-> <nReady>
<exit>
<exit>
file 4.5 mb partition .hfe and HXCSDFE.CFG in the sd and go ....

send me your e-mail address for file

hizerock
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by hizerock » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:42 pm

thank you
hizerock at(@) hotmail.fr

Are you able to save more than 1.44mb with this image?

gianitaly
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by gianitaly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:14 pm

hizerock wrote:thank you
hizerock at(@) hotmail.fr

Are you able to save more than 1.44mb with this image?
yes the partitions is 4.5 mb
I have sent files..... check your email box
Let me know if this work in your mpc

hizerock
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by hizerock » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Thank you I'll try tonight

hizerock
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by hizerock » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:03 pm

It works in a strange way
the mpc only saves on one partition and the only way I found to save on other image is to turn off the mpc and power it on
but i can load sound from different partitions very strange isn't it?

gianitaly
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by gianitaly » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:15 am

hizerock wrote:It works in a strange way
the mpc only saves on one partition and the only way I found to save on other image is to turn off the mpc and power it on
but i can load sound from different partitions very strange isn't it?
hi
1 select beat1.hfe from your hxc floppy and save or load from mpc
2 at the end of the process remove sd
3 give the command load or saves with mpc and receive message:
error code FF80 there is no floppy disk in the drive.........
4 Push exit from the mpc screen menu
5 insert sd card, select for example beat2.hfe and save or load with mpc.........
6 enjoy beat archive!

hizerock
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by hizerock » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 am

I try this but the mpc still sees the first image I have saved on

hizerock
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by hizerock » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:09 am

@Jeff : can you tell me the mods to do on the reader?
Thank you

gianitaly
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Re: akai mpc 3000 problem with ejection virtual floppy

Post by gianitaly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:14 pm

hizerock wrote:I try this but the mpc still sees the first image I have saved on
hi hizerock
we have the same sampler,the same operating system and the same hxc floppy emulator
work for me
must work even for you
try again

Post Reply