Slim HxC Floppy Emulator on Apple 2c.

Post here your pictures / videos / review of the HxC Floppy Emulator.
Jeff
Site Admin

Slim HxC Floppy Emulator on Apple 2c.

Post by Jeff »

Here is a video of the HxC Floppy Emulator working with an Apple 2c for the first time.
The firmware of the HxC Floppy Emutor was modified and a custom floppy cable is used.

This setup will be present during a year at the Game Story Quebec exhibition with others machines equiped with HxC Floppy Emulator :
http://www.quebecregion.com/en/what-to- ... game-story

HxC Floppy Emulator project page :
https://hxc2001.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaR9noqb0JE

tophe38

Re: Slim HxC Floppy Emulator on Apple 2c.

Post by tophe38 »

Hi Jeff,

Do you any detail about this custom cable to connect your HxC to Apple IIc floppy connector ?

Regards,
Tophe

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

tophe38 wrote:Hi Jeff,

Do you any detail about this custom cable to connect your HxC to Apple IIc floppy connector ?

Regards,
Tophe
the HDDD A2 adapter can be used.

aotta

Post by aotta »

The HDDD A2 is a rare hardware and it's no more available.. any news about supporting apple II disk or smartport natively from HxC?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

aotta wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:32 pm
The HDDD A2 is a rare hardware and it's no more available.. any news about supporting apple II disk or smartport natively from HxC?
there is a firmware supporting the apple II interface, but since you need to build an floppy ribbon adapter, i recommend you the others solutions already available and compatible with the apple II.

aotta

Post by aotta »

Jeff wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:55 pm
aotta wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:32 pm
there is a firmware supporting the apple II interface, but since you need to build an floppy ribbon adapter, i recommend you the others solutions already available and compatible with the apple II.
Thank you Jeff, i followed your suggestion and ordered a FloppyEmu from California... but i spent over 140€! :roll:
And, anyway, i will have to build and solder a 20 pin IDC and a DB9 19 pin cables to use it, because i got on ebay 2 disk cards without cables...
In these situations (and i think many others :wink: ;) ) people will appreciate a firmware working for Apple II !

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

aotta wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:40 pm
Thank you Jeff, i followed your suggestion and ordered a FloppyEmu from California... but i spent over 140€! :roll:
Damm the HxC is definitively not expensive enough then ! :wink:

aotta

Post by aotta »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:36 pm
aotta wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:40 pm
Damm the HxC is definitively not expensive enough then ! :wink:
ahahah! yes... even after you upsized the price, and a new free solution for gotek was released... but i think HxC is still a great and inexpensive piece of software! ;)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Some companies sold such solutions for 350euros and even lot more since many years... :wink:
This is just a question of services attached with the offer.
The HxC is definitively not expensive enough, you can't imagine the time spend on this... i told to Lotharek to retarget the project to something "more professional" some years ago... we didn't and now we will have to do it anyway ;)

note: this is a piece of hardware, not software.