HxC fitted in Orla GT9000 LX Organ

Post here your pictures / videos / review of the HxC Floppy Emulator.
andyg

HxC fitted in Orla GT9000 LX Organ

Post by andyg »

HxC Fitted to Orla GT9000LX organ

The HxC needs to be configured as Akai S950HD interface format. It works flawlessly. :D

The SD card version is best for the organ in my opinion, as a USB sticking out of the front where the drive is located is simply waiting to be accidentally snapped off! Having said that, Orla went on to fit another off-the-shelf USB floppy emulator to their future models... So, what do I know? (!) :lol:

Andy
Attachments
ORLA_GT9000_LX.JPG
ORLA_GT9000_LX.JPG (82.19 KiB) Viewed 17228 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC fitted in Orla GT9000 LX Organ

Post by Jeff »

:D

hathersage

Post by hathersage »

Hallo, Could you possibly tell me if you have exact fitting instructions of the emulator to the Orla please ( how do you get to it !, and the part number of the unit, I have just purchased the same model organ but find the floppy disk system a bit' iffy' and would like to install a better system. Any tips and comments would be greatly appreciated, it seems very difficult to find anyone who knows much about this subject. Ken

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Just get an SD HxC Floppy Emulator Rev F from lotharek : http://lotharek.pl

hathersage

Post by hathersage »

Thanks Jef, but do they include physically how to fit one into the GT9000,, I have replaced a floppy into a Yamaha AR100 which was quite involved and without some prior knowledge I doubt I would have dared trying because it involved removing 6 under the base screws, then the music rest and organ top , then the roll top , removing some special wing bolts, swinging up the keyboards out of the way and securing first before you could get to the floppy drive. I should imagine the Orla has a similar set up..

It's taking out the wrong screw in ignorance and finding you can't put it back that worries me !

I have tried to contact andyg but there is no e-mail address given, he has fitted one successfully , I would buy one tomorrow if I had a clue on how to open up the Orla ! Ken

toneharb

Post by toneharb »

My Orla Grande Theatre organ disk drive doesn’t seem to work

I can save 4 lots of OVPs on my organ’s floppy drive then the 5th is not completing the save operation the floppy drive is wizzing round all the time! Also scrolling through 1-4 ovps is not in sequence it jumps from 1 to 3 then 2 when paging forward. I’m assuming it is faulty, hope it’s just the floppy disk drive!

Anyway Is this unit compatible with the Orla Grande Theatre? plus any help with what screws to undo would be much appreciated, hopefully I can work it out, thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

If the Orla Grande Theatre use a 34 pins floppy connection + a separate power input, this is probably almost "plug & play".