ASM Epsilon semiconductor machine

00derek

ASM Epsilon semiconductor machine

Post by 00derek »

Hi,

My company purchased 2+7 SD drives recently to replace the floppy disk drive in a semiconductor wafer processing machine. Everything is working as expected.

The machine uses (or did use) standard 3.5" IBM-format floppy disks (1.44M, double-sided, high-density) in two ways.

First, after re-formatting in the machine floppy drive, the machine software uses the disk to copy programs and config files in the machine OS (Microware OS-9) that can be read by other machines.

Second, the machine has an export function to convert programs and config files to a .txt file that are copied to IBM-format floppy disk and can be viewed on a PC.

I'd like to increase the memory available on the IBM image greater than 1.44M. I created a 6.70 MB image file and tried to write to it on the machine. The machine did not generate any errors, but the data exported was corrupted when viewed on PC.

Is there any advice you can offer?

Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: ASM Epsilon semiconductor machine

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

The 6.7MB is maybe too much for this system. please try the 4.5MB format. This one only increase the track number used.

BTW Can you share more details about these machines ? Some pictures maybe ?

00derek

Post by 00derek »

Thanks, I'll try 4.5MB.

you can see the machine here;

http://www.asm.com/EN/Pages/EpsilonEpitaxy.aspx

00derek

Post by 00derek »

I tried all the possible "ready-to-use" 3.5" IBM formats larger than 1.44M; see attached screenshot.

Similar behaviour occurred - the machine did not detect a problem but there was either no data written or it was corrupted.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm trying to increase the available space inside the IBM image to something larger than 1.44M.

Thanks
Attachments
IBM formats.png
IBM formats.png (19.63 KiB) Viewed 5256 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

00derek wrote:I tried all the possible "ready-to-use" 3.5" IBM formats larger than 1.44M; see attached screenshot.

Similar behaviour occurred - the machine did not detect a problem but there was either no data written or it was corrupted.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm trying to increase the available space inside the IBM image to something larger than 1.44M.

Thanks
Send me one of these corrupted image by email (the 4.5MB version if possible), i will analyze it.
https://hxc2001.com/contactus/

The 1.44MB version generated with the disk browser works without problem ?