HxC Floppy Emulator in the Morbidelli Author 504

Jeff
Site Admin

HxC Floppy Emulator in the Morbidelli Author 504

Post by Jeff »

HxC Floppy Emulator in the Morbidelli Author 504 Woodworking CNC machine

https://hxc2001.com/showroom/HxC_Floppy_ ... r_504.html

The Floppy disk drive of this Morbidelli Author 504 Wood CNC machine was successfully replaced by an HxC Floppy Emulator.
- Original floppy disk drive was analyzed and backuped by the HxC Floppy Emulator software.
- DOS type images are managed with the HxC Floppy Emulator DOS Disk Browser.

barnum22

Re: HxC Floppy Emulator in the Morbidelli Author 504

Post by barnum22 »

Hello,

I wish to do the same thing. I want to upgrade a Tria 7500 CNC machine to replace the floppy drive.

Can you give me information on the specific HxC model used?
and how the emulater was installed into the system? (which jumpers/settings)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

regards,

Beverly

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

You can use the Rev F floppy emulator. (other models are ok too but the Rev F case is better here).

TimR

Post by TimR »

I have installed the Floppy Emulator in a Morbidelli Author 510
I have issues with file handling
Created disk with the disk browser, dropped a folder with the .PGM files and saved to the SD card.
At the machine we set the active drive to disk, select the folder and in editor we can se the .PGM files but when we open to edit we get a error as its looking for the tooling config.
Am I correct you have to load the .PGM file to the ram drive to edit or run without errors?

Sure would be nice to have a full procedure rundown in a .PDF file for using the floppy emulator on a Morbidelli, I have heard there is lots of users out there with this setup, but I can't find any user guide to do this on a Morbidelli.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Have you a working floppy disk for this machine ?
If yes just try to copy all files present on this floppy to the virtual floppy image.
Or use the floppy disk dump feature to make an image from this floppy.

TimR

Post by TimR »

Jeff wrote:Have you a working floppy disk for this machine ?
If yes just try to copy all files present on this floppy to the virtual floppy image.
Or use the floppy disk dump feature to make an image from this floppy.
I have made the virtual floppies on the SD card, the Morbidelli reads them fine.
I think my issue was the machine needs the .PGM file copied to the machines Ram Drive to allow it to work correctly.
The machine needs to look at other files like the tooling setup file etc. to operate, and we really only need to move the file from a PC to the SD then into the ram drive on the Morbidelli.

I'm helping a friend with his machine and I won't be back there until Jan 17th. I will update you after my next visit.

Regards
Tim R

TimR

Post by TimR »

Hello Jeff

Some issues

1. When I copy all files from the Ram Drive on the Morbidelli, the machine shows all the files copied, but I can't open the image in the disk browser, it show a red error on the bottom disc damaged. Do I need to add some file/program to the Morbidelli so I can copy the files from the ram drive to the floppy image reliably?
2. I have 3 folders out of 16 copied to the SD card, how can I get the .PGM files off the image file onto the PC HDD?

Do you have any direct contacts of people using the emulator on a morbidelli that I could contact?

Regards
TimR

TimR

Post by TimR »

Hey Jeff

OK I figured out to get the files off the floppy image I do the following

1. load image
2. select the files I want to extract from the floppy image
3. Press Get files
4. Select the destination location for the files on PC
5. Press OK

This copies the Morbidelli files from the Floppy image into the folder I selected - Great

Now all I need to do is be able to copy the other files from there folders on the Morbidelli without getting the disk error when I try to load the disk image in the disc browser.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

TimR wrote: Now all I need to do is be able to copy the other files from there folders on the Morbidelli without getting the disk error when I try to load the disk image in the disc browser.
You mean on the PC ?

TimR

Post by TimR »

Yes on a PC

I need to copy the programs that are on the Morbidelli RamDrive to the Floppy Image (HXC2001 SD) then I can use the get files to transfer them to the PC.
When I have done this, it's not consistent, The info on the Morbidelli reports the files copied. Most times when I try to load the floppy image it show the red bar at the bottom of the disk browser screen reporting damaged floppy. I have reformatted the SD card, loaded the cfg file, created new floppy images and tried again with inconsistent results.
I'm not sure if it in my cfg file setup, or an issue copying from the Morbidelli.

I have copied 50 files with no issue, then tried to copy one file to another disc image and again disc error in disc browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
TimR

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Send me your HFE files.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

For some reasons i received your emails , but you don't seems to receive mine. Can you send me an email from another email account and provider ?

TimR

Post by TimR »

:D Many thanks to Jeff
You were correct that the floppy power supply was inconsistent

Built new power cable with new end terminals

Dip switch setting ID0-A
Floppy image set at 720KB DSDD Fat12

Files transferred both to machine and to floppy Image, retrievable through Disc Browser, Get files.

Thanks again Jeff!