Sega System 24

aramis

Re: Sega System 24

Post by aramis » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:54 am

I was finally able to get back to the game after all this time and the provided files worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Do you know if it's possible to use either the MAME .img or the provided .hfe file, along with a Kryoflux board, to create a working floppy disk for Hot Rod?

I have a kryoflux and a 3.5" HD drive that reports maxtrack=83.

Thanks for any assistance!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:30 am

aramis wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:54 am
I was finally able to get back to the game after all this time and the provided files worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Do you know if it's possible to use either the MAME .img or the provided .hfe file, along with a Kryoflux board, to create a working floppy disk for Hot Rod?

I have a kryoflux and a 3.5" HD drive that reports maxtrack=83.

Thanks for any assistance!
yes : convert the img/hfe to kf stream raw with the hxc software and use the kf tools to write back it to the disk.

Ordyne

Post by Ordyne » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:40 am

Jeff wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:30 am
yes : convert the img/hfe to kf stream raw with the hxc software and use the kf tools to write back it to the disk.
Does this work with hotrod? I could never get KF to copy a hotrod disk.

aramis

Post by aramis » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks for the replies...I was able to load the .hfe into the HxC software and export it as KF stream raw files, and DTC didn't complain about writing those files back to a floppy.

Hopefully I'll be able to try the disk in the game soon, and I'll make sure to report back if it worked or not. I'd like to give my friend the option of putting his game back to original hardware w/ the floppy if he ever wanted to do that for some reason...but it also gives me a chance to learn a bit more about using the HxC emulator and the KF as well.

Thanks again...