Arburg Multronica

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by Jeff » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:36 am

Garrit wrote: We use that but then I have only one track. How do I combine the raw-files of the other 159 tracks what was on the disk?
Nothing. Just load one raw file, the others are loaded as well.
Note : All raw files must be in the same folder.

Garrit
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm
Location: Gelselaar

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by Garrit » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:17 pm

Jeff wrote:
Garrit wrote: We use that but then I have only one track. How do I combine the raw-files of the other 159 tracks what was on the disk?
Nothing. Just load one raw file, the others are loaded as well.
Note : All raw files must be in the same folder.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

marvell80
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by marvell80 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Hello. I read the thread very carefully. I am using HXC Rev C cased. Followed all of the procedures mentioned above for creating image of my Arburg floppy disk. The problem is that the machine start reading it but in the end failed and then restarted.

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by Jeff » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:27 pm

marvell80 wrote:Hello. I read the thread very carefully. I am using HXC Rev C cased. Followed all of the procedures mentioned above for creating image of my Arburg floppy disk. The problem is that the machine start reading it but in the end failed and then restarted.
First try the images into this archive :
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip

marvell80
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by marvell80 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Hello. The tested controller using only one floppy disk not three. Also every control has custom starting disks. I tested your images but without luck.

marvell80
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by marvell80 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Any other ideas are appreciated.

biernak
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by biernak » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:11 am

Hello,
I have a problem....
I can't buy KRYO FLUX...they did not answer my email....
can I use CATWEASEL MK4 PLUS or something else ?
I have Lotharek SD HxC Floppy Emulator, and I would like copy system disk to SD card.

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by Jeff » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:41 am

biernak wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:11 am
Hello,
I have a problem....
I can't buy KRYO FLUX...they did not answer my email....
can I use CATWEASEL MK4 PLUS or something else ?
I have Lotharek SD HxC Floppy Emulator, and I would like copy system disk to SD card.
The kryoflux online store doesn't work ?

arteitle
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by arteitle » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:52 pm

biernak appears to be correct, the KryoFlux board isn't available for sale on the KryoFlux store any longer: https://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by Jeff » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 am

arteitle wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:52 pm
biernak appears to be correct, the KryoFlux board isn't available for sale on the KryoFlux store any longer: https://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1
Then this definitively means that i have to finish an unfinished project as alternative...

arteitle
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by arteitle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Never mind, it appears to be back! It currently says "coming soon, ships within 3-5 working days after Monday 23 October, 2017".

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 pm

arteitle wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:48 pm
Never mind, it appears to be back! It currently says "coming soon, ships within 3-5 working days after Monday 23 October, 2017".
Ok!

jdmcnulty
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by jdmcnulty » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Hello Jeff and everyone else.

I have read this thread in great detail - downloaded all the required files and am planning to perform this upgrade on my Arburg multronica machine.

I have a few questions on the procedure, and may need some additional advice.

In order to perform this upgrade I need to do the following steps:
1) purchase HxC Floppy Emulator (REV F)
2) purchase Kryoflux -- https://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/p ... ucts_id=30
3) purchase Panasonic JU-257A607P floppy disc drive
4) use Kryoflux and Panasonic floppy disc drive to create RAW files from my existing Arburg Program and System Disks (2 disks)
5) use HxC software to convert the RAW files to HFE ??
6) write HFE files to SD card
7) install HxC Floppy Emulator (REV F) into Multronica control unit
8) connect SD card w/ HFE and read

Is this correct? I am awaiting confirmation - or adjustments to my process and I will begin purchasing all the components. If needed, I can send the disks to Jeff, to have them read - whatever is the preferred method.

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your time,
Jason

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by Jeff » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:34 pm

jdmcnulty wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 pm
Hello Jeff and everyone else.

I have read this thread in great detail - downloaded all the required files and am planning to perform this upgrade on my Arburg multronica machine.

I have a few questions on the procedure, and may need some additional advice.

In order to perform this upgrade I need to do the following steps:
1) purchase HxC Floppy Emulator (REV F)
2) purchase Kryoflux -- https://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/p ... ucts_id=30
3) purchase Panasonic JU-257A607P floppy disc drive
4) use Kryoflux and Panasonic floppy disc drive to create RAW files from my existing Arburg Program and System Disks (2 disks)
5) use HxC software to convert the RAW files to HFE ??
6) write HFE files to SD card
7) install HxC Floppy Emulator (REV F) into Multronica control unit
8) connect SD card w/ HFE and read

Is this correct? I am awaiting confirmation - or adjustments to my process and I will begin purchasing all the components. If needed, I can send the disks to Jeff, to have them read - whatever is the preferred method.

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your time,
Jason
The process is good. If you need any help for the step 5 you can contact me for the conversion.

jdmcnulty
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Arburg Multronica

Post by jdmcnulty » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:44 am

Thanks Jeff. Everything is ordered. Look forward to the project.

Post Reply