Weird thing, 'SYSTEM'-button not working

HxC Floppy Emulator Korg DSS1 support
maxhult

Weird thing, 'SYSTEM'-button not working

Post by maxhult »

Okay, this is somewhat strange:

I've got the latest Rev F-version of HxC.

Before I installed HxC everything was normal except for the floppy-drive of course, which was broken. It's on drive A, ID0, which I think is right. The HxC works like it should, it seems, and luckily the DSS-1 always starts in the 'SYSTEM'-menu (as if I had pressed the SYSTEM-button already), so I can load a disc from the HxC, no problem, BUT...

Now that I installed HxC the 'SYSTEM'-button has stopped responding when I press it. So, for instance, if I press the 'PARAMETER'-button to edit the parameters of the sound, then I cannot get back to the 'SYSTEM'-menu by pressing that button. So I can't write/save the changes in the sound I make.

Now, I haven't tried it yet, but I will probably be able to write the programs to "disc" anyway, through MIDI SYSEX-messages, but there's another catch aswell, which is very strange:

The damper-pedal stopped working after installing HxC.

Does anybody know anything about this, or have encountered something similar? Should the drive-jumper be placed differently or something?
/Max

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Weird thing, 'SYSTEM'-button not working

Post by Jeff »

Are you using the same disk image as before ?

maxhult

Post by maxhult »

No, I just downloaded the disk images from Glen Stegner's site, and put on SD-card. I don't have a pc floppy drive to backup any discs anyway.

When I mapped the MIDI OUT signals today it was really weird. The DSS sends program change messages when using the pitch bend controller. Sends almost no note-on messages either, when playing, only note-off.

It does respond to MIDI IN like it's supposed to, so I mananged to write programs to the internal memory, but I couldn't find any sysex messages for writing the stuff to disc (to SD-card that is).

I'm not so sure the HxC is responsible for all this, it's so strange. All the other menu buttons work, it's ONLY the system-button that's dead. And it's the one button I really need, unless there's some other way to 'write to disc'.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

From my point of view this seems related to the Korg OS image that you are using.
Can you try to find another version?

maxhult

Post by maxhult »

I can't find any updates or different version of the OS, seems there's only one version been made.

But thanks anyway, please let me know if you think of anything else it might be causing this.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

maxhult wrote:I can't find any updates or different version of the OS, seems there's only one version been made.

But thanks anyway, please let me know if you think of anything else it might be causing this.
Jumper Setting ?
Floppy Cable to change ?
HFE floppy interface mode ?