Buttons

HxC Floppy Emulator Korg DSS1 support
rumpelfilter

Buttons

Post by rumpelfilter »

Hi!
The only problem I have with the hXc on the DSS-1 is that the buttons are located a bit akwardly when you mount the device instead of the floppy drive as I have done. Right now I just use three wooden sticks glued to the top of the buttons, and have them stick out from the upper part of the DSS-1, but it's not very elegant and the sticks come off from time to time. Can I just add three push-buttons and wire them to the bottom of the pCB?
I was thinking about something like this: http://www.musikding.de/Switches/Pushbu ... :3095.html
The problem is that these buttons have 2 contacts, while the ones mounted on the PCB have 4. how should I wire them?

pulkomandy

Re: Buttons

Post by pulkomandy »

There is an extra connector on the HxC for easy wiring of the buttons. You should find the wiring of it in the user manual.

As for the buttons having 4 connexions, this is just so that they can be firmly soldered on the board. You will notice that the 2 on one side are linked together, so a button with 2 connexions is fine.

rumpelfilter

Re: Buttons

Post by rumpelfilter »

thanks for the reply, didn't think about looking through manual, stupid me!
pulkomandy wrote:There is an extra connector on the HxC for easy wiring of the buttons. You should find the wiring of it in the user manual.

As for the buttons having 4 connexions, this is just so that they can be firmly soldered on the board. You will notice that the 2 on one side are linked together, so a button with 2 connexions is fine.