Nec FD 1137d floppy drive

HxC Floppy Emulator on PC88 / PC98 and compatible support
knightstep

Nec FD 1137d floppy drive

Post by knightstep »

I am working on a A280 sodick machine which uses two of these FD1137D floppydrives.
One is as good as dead. I would like to know if I can replace it with a sd floppy emulator and if anybody has some info on those drives. Plz help!!!!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Nec FD 1137d floppy drive

Post by Jeff »

knightstep wrote:I am working on a A280 sodick machine which uses two of these FD1137D floppydrives.
One is as good as dead. I would like to know if I can replace it with a sd floppy emulator and if anybody has some info on those drives. Plz help!!!!
To replace this drive an additional VFO board is needed. we are actually making some of them.

knightstep

Post by knightstep »

Plz inform me when you have the VFO board and can it be send with my order?

knightstep

Post by knightstep »

Hi there, Can you tell me the progress on the vfo boards? Plz.
And how I can order it!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

knightstep wrote:Hi there, Can you tell me the progress on the vfo boards? Plz.
And how I can order it!
Good news : I just got the VFO boards (15 units).
Stay tuned i will see with lotharek how we can proceed for the order.

knightstep

Post by knightstep »

Hi Jeff,
Are this units going to be a part of Lotharek assortment?

knightstep

Post by knightstep »

hi Jeff
Happy New Year.
How are we with the vfo board?

knightstep

Post by knightstep »

I am trying to get the sd hxc floppy emulator working replacing the fd1137D on a Nec PC 9801UV machine.
This has two diskdrive and is a Dos based like system using floppy formatted as 1 Mb.
These floppies are not readable on an ordinary PC. I have created an image of these disk with a program named Floppy Image. My problem is that HxCFloppyEmulator program does not recognize it and if I create a floppy I have the same problem. What Am I doing wrong!

SkyeWelse

Post by SkyeWelse »

Hi Knightstep,

If you don't mind me asking, what is the format of the file that you have dumped from the original disk? While I do not "yet" own an HxC and I am thinking of getting one soon, I've gotten advice that .d88 images can be used in the HxC Emulator program and that .d88 images do not necessarily imply that they work only with PC-8801. Perhaps if you are able to convert your image to .d88 using VFIC, you can then perhaps use it with your HxC provided the Dip Switch settings are correct. The D88 format should be able to be imported into the HxC software and be converted to .hfe format for the floppy emulator.

HxC Dip Switch Settings on Rev F HxC

Floppy cable should be inserted tab-down, with the red line on the right near the dipswitches on the HxC.
Dipswitches: 1,6 ON (flat cable), 4,7 ON (twist cable)

Virtual Floppy - VFIC - PC98 Floppy Disk Format / Conversion Tool

This program can also convert formats to HFM format and Mahalito Format. HFM can be used to write images converted to this format to 1.2 MB floppy disks with a compatible USB FDD drive inside a 32 Bit Operating System. Check out this thread for a tutorial. Mahalito can be written directly using Mahalito Dos tools from a HDD installation of Dos.

Good luck! I think you can get this to work.

-Thomas

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

SkyeWelse wrote: Good luck! I think you can get this to work.

-Thomas
It does and can start the machine (support done by email), but now his problem is to have the right OS boot disk for his CNC machine.