Different Spectrum Floppy Systems

HxC Floppy Emulator on ZX Spectrum and compatible support
Speccyman

Different Spectrum Floppy Systems

Post by Speccyman »

Hello,

I got the floppy emulator for my Spectrums, but besides the TRD-Dos and +3 Dos options there is no other format implemented.

On the ZX Spectrum exists several disk formats, mainly I am interested in Opus, +D and MB02. I have seen there is a way to "LOAD RAW IMAGE". But there are several informations I need for the disk systems.

Does anybody have these informations for +D and Opus?
I can find out number of tracks and Sectors per track, but I even don´t know what is a "Track Type", "Bitrate", "GAP3 lenght" and "Interleave". Also I don´t know where the Sector ID starts and what is "RPM".

I might find out all these for the MB02 as I have a proper documentation, but the problem is that the sector size on the MB02 is 1024 which seems not to work with the Floppy Emulator software I have. Will there be an update?

Anybody can help me out?

Regards

Thomas

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Different Spectrum Floppy Systems

Post by Jeff »

Speccyman wrote: I might find out all these for the MB02 as I have a proper documentation, but the problem is that the sector size on the MB02 is 1024 which seems not to work with the Floppy Emulator software I have. Will there be an update?
This should work with 1024 sectors. what's the problem exactly ?

Speccyman

Post by Speccyman »

Jeff wrote:This should work with 1024 sectors. what's the problem exactly ?
The problem is that I don´t know the settings for MB02. I couldn´t choose 1024. However, I now learnt, that all information have to be correct.

The Spectrum have many disk interfaces. If anybody got any information for Opus, D80, MB02 etc. I would welcome a list.

Regards

Thomas

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Speccyman wrote:
Jeff wrote:This should work with 1024 sectors. what's the problem exactly ?
The problem is that I don´t know the settings for MB02. I couldn´t choose 1024. However, I now learnt, that all information have to be correct.

The Spectrum have many disk interfaces. If anybody got any information for Opus, D80, MB02 etc. I would welcome a list.

Regards

Thomas
If you have some images, this can be found easily.

Speccyman

Post by Speccyman »

Can you let me know how to find all informations or can I post you the images I have? Can you give me your e-mail adress? Here is mine: speccyman@yahoo.de

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Speccyman wrote:Can you let me know how to find all informations or can I post you the images I have? Can you give me your e-mail adress? Here is mine: speccyman@yahoo.de
https://hxc2001.com/contactus/