Problem Configuring the SD Crad using Mac OS X

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Lunatic

Problem Configuring the SD Crad using Mac OS X

Post by Lunatic »

I am trying to get the SD Card ready for the emulator. Formatted the card with "disk utility" on a MacBook Pro. The File is seen by the Hxc emulator but when trying to load it i get: Error "Bad File!". Now i am trying to format the card with SDFormatter to see if this helps. Is it possible to copy the CFG file to the SD card with OS X will it just work with a PC?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Problem Configuring the SD Crad using Mac OS X

Post by Jeff »

Lunatic wrote:I am trying to get the SD Card ready for the emulator. Formatted the card with "disk utility" on a MacBook Pro which did not work. The File is seen by the Hxc emulator but when trying to load it i get: Error "Bad File!". Now i am trying to format th cartd with SDFormatter to see if this helps. Is it possible to copy the CFG file to the SD card with OS X will it just work with a PC?

Which file are your trying to load on the HxC ? HFE files or something else ?

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

Hey Jeff, i am trying to get the CFG file on the SD first. From there on I'll have a PC to get the HFE files on the SD with your software over the Hxc emulator.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Lunatic wrote:Hey Jeff, i am trying to get the CFG file on the SD first. From there on I'll have a PC to get the HFE files on the SD with your software over the Hxc emulator.
Have a look to this :

> Quick Install Disk Images : Some prepared SDCard images
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... Images.zip

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... l#download

what is the target ?

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

I am trying to get the emulator to work with my dynacord ADD-One. I am still trying to get the emulator to work with the SD card first. Since i don't have a SD card reader for my Win XP computer i have to get the CFG file to the card by my MacBook which has one. I have managed to format the SD with SD Formatter and also copied the CFG file to it. When inserting the SD in the Hxc emulator (connected to my PC with Hxc Software installed) I either get "HXCSDFE.CFG" not found or when it finds the file and i try to load it i get "BAD FILE!"

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Lunatic wrote:I either get "HXCSDFE.CFG" not found or when it finds the file and i try to load it i get "BAD FILE!"
This is normal ! you don't have to load the "HXCSDFE.CFG" file.
Now you have just to copy your hfe file on the sdcard.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

Ok, but can i use the Hxc Emulator (connected to the PC) to write HFE files on the SD or will I need an SD cardreader for that?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Lunatic wrote:Ok, but can i use the Hxc Emulator (connected to the PC) to write HFE files on the SD or will I need an SD cardreader for that?
You need to copy the HFE files on the sdcard. You can do this on MAC or PC (Windows / Linux ...), but of course you need a cardreader.
(The sdcard must be formatted in FAT32.)

Of course you can write on the virtual image with the dynacord ADD-One.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

Jeff wrote:
Lunatic wrote:Ok, but can i use the Hxc Emulator (connected to the PC) to write HFE files on the SD or will I need an SD cardreader for that?
You need to copy the HFE files on the sdcard. You can do this on MAC or PC (Windows / Linux ...), but of course you need a cardreader.

And i wont have to use your Software to copy the HFE Files?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Lunatic wrote:
Jeff wrote:

And i wont have to use your Software to copy the HFE Files?
No if your files is already in the format HFE, just do a copy past !

The software is only usefull to :
-> Convert images files to HFE images files.
-> Generate empty HFE files.
-> Dump/read disk and save it to HFE.
-> convert HFE files to another floppy disk image format (*.IMG...)

But if you already have HFE files, you just have to copy them on a FAT32 sdcard with a "HXCSDFE.CFG" files.

Nothing more. ;)

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

O.k. first image was copied on the SD and loaded with the ADD-one :) I could not write (overwrite) the file so i could not save from the ADD-one yet. I will coppy some empty Images on the reader now...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Lunatic wrote:I could not write (overwrite) the file so i could not save from the ADD-one yet. I will coppy some empty Images on the reader now...
i don't understand : why you could not overwrite the file ?

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

The Emulator gives me one click while the Sampler shows "Writing programs to disk" after a secont the ADD-one displays "Error: Data Time Out"

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Lunatic wrote:The Emulator gives me one click while the Sampler shows "Writing programs to disk" after a secont the ADD-one displays "Error: Data Time Out"
What do you mean by "one click"
On which HFE files are you trying to write ? a dynacord one ?

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

i am trying to overwrite the previously loaded file. The device I use is a Dynacord ADD-one Sampler. I have sent you the image files a week ago. As said, loading works fine.

EDIT: By "one click" i mean the emulator beeps shortly (It shows before writing: " T:002/080 S:0", while writing: "RA T:000/080 S:1" and when it stops " T:001/080 S:0")
Last edited by Lunatic on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.