HxC newbie questions

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
morpa

HxC newbie questions

Post by morpa »

Hello all,
i got hold of an HxC a while ago, and im testing it out on my Amiga 600 right now.
I got some questions on my mind, and would be thankful for any answer regarding these.

1. Will it sometime in the future be possible to read floppyimages in their native format (eg ADF. IPF
) without converting these to hef format?
2. Will there be a GUI-Linux version of the software? Can i get hold of precompiled binaries of the commandline software for linux somewhere?
3. I would like to modify my amigacase and just let the lcd and buttons be visible through the case. What kind of cables and buttons would i need for A) extending the mobility of the LCD-display B) Extending the buttons. I suck at electronics, but can do some basic soldering, so i would really need some suggestions/direction of which components to buy here.

Thanx for any replies.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC newbie questions

Post by Jeff »

morpa wrote: 1. Will it sometime in the future be possible to read floppyimages in their native format (eg ADF. IPF
) without converting these to hef format?
OMG No never ! By doing this you kill 75% of the supported format : Example : IPF is too much complex to be supported directly! same problem with packed format : ADZ, IMZ, DMS...
morpa wrote: 2. Will there be a GUI-Linux version of the software? Can i get hold of precompiled binaries of the commandline software for linux somewhere?
No GUI for linux for the moment. latter probably. No precompiled binaries (Why do you want this ? this is very bad ?!)
morpa wrote: 3. I would like to modify my amigacase and just let the lcd and buttons be visible through the case. What kind of cables and buttons would i need for A) extending the mobility of the LCD-display B) Extending the buttons. I suck at electronics, but can do some basic soldering, so i would really need some suggestions/direction of which components to buy here.
have a look on the web some example, there are a lot of way to do this ;)