HxC Floppy Emulator for CDTV, cannot get DF0 and DF1 working

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
cdtv1991

HxC Floppy Emulator for CDTV, cannot get DF0 and DF1 working

Post by cdtv1991 »

This also posted in the Amiga section:

I have a Commodore CDTV and a HxC floppy disk emulator. I've got the single disk (DF0) set-up working well, but I have to use the buttons to swap disks when prompted. I can't seem to get a second disk drive "Drive B" (DF1) to work.

The HxC is connected to the "controller board" that I took out of an old Amiga external floppy drive. The external floppy controller is connected to the CDTV via the floppy port at the back of the machine.

The main question is can the HxC operate two drives (A+B) from a single external floppy drive interface? Has anyone done this before or even got two drives working when connecting internally?

I can see that most HxC users are connecting directly to a machine's internal floppy drive connector, whereas I am connecting to an external disk drive's interface.

Do you think there is something wrong with my HxC set-up or configuration that would prevent drive B (DF1) from working or just that it can't have a second drive running off an external disk drive controller board?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=734

Thanks

pulkomandy

Re: HxC Floppy Emulator for CDTV, cannot get DF0 and DF1 wor

Post by pulkomandy »

The purpose of that interface board is precisely to make surethe drive only gets one single ID.
Making a proper adapter from the external connector to the HxC will make it work.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

pulkomandy wrote:The purpose of that interface board is precisely to make surethe drive only gets one single ID.
Making a proper adapter from the external connector to the HxC will make it work.
is the DS1 signal present in the cable ?

pulkomandy

Post by pulkomandy »

According to http://www.l8r.net/technical/t-diskdrive.shtml ,
SEL1B 2B and 3B are wired. Not sure if any of the mis DS1, they may me DS0 2 ann 3. But you should be able to use two of them anyway?

cdtv1991

Post by cdtv1991 »

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do. Is it a case of connecting up the missing DS1 lines from the "External Disk Drive DB23 Female" to the "Internal Disk Drive Header"