[SOLVED] problem with SD HxC floppy emulator screen

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
gapan

[SOLVED] problem with SD HxC floppy emulator screen

Post by gapan »

I recently got my SD HxC floppy emulator and today I found the time to plug it to my Amiga A600. I made all the connections according to the installation guide, but there is something wrong with the floppy emulator screen. Everything is lit up, I can only see squares on the screen. Here's a picture I took:
Other than the screen, the floppy emulator works. I did create an hfe file and placed it on the SD card and I was able to start it, but I was completely "blind" while trying to load it. I would just press the left/right and select keys until I saw something was working.

Could there be something I'm doing wrong? I believe all connections are right, but please take a look at the picture to verify that. Then again, if it was a connection problem, the hfe file wouldn't load, right? Any ideas?
Last edited by gapan on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: problem with SD HxC floppy emulator screen

Post by Jeff »

gapan wrote:I recently got my SD HxC floppy emulator and today I found the time to plug it to my Amiga A600. I made all the connections according to the installation guide, but there is something wrong with the floppy emulator screen. Everything is lit up, I can only see squares on the screen. Here's a picture I took:
Other than the screen, the floppy emulator works. I did create an hfe file and placed it on the SD card and I was able to start it, but I was completely "blind" while trying to load it. I would just press the left/right and select keys until I saw something was working.

Could there be something I'm doing wrong? I believe all connections are right, but please take a look at the picture to verify that. Then again, if it was a connection problem, the hfe file wouldn't load, right? Any ideas?
No this probably a bad LCD. Try to remove and replug the lcd screen.
If this doesn't work try to contact Lotharek.

gapan

Post by gapan »

I also tried doing a firmware update, but it's still the same after that. I'll try to contact Lotharek. Thanks for the reply.

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

I will contact you in 2 days. i had to leave for delegation to Warsaw. only internet connection is my pda
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

gapan

Post by gapan »

Thank you lotharek. Don't worry, there's no rush. :)

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

Just came back -- write to me at lotharek@mmj.pl

regards
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

gapan

Post by gapan »

All I can say is that I'm really impressed with the support. Lotharek was kind enough to offer me a free replacement. Not only that, but when I asked him if he could mod the replacement for write support with the amiga and that I would pay him the costs involved, he offered to do it free of charge too. So I think this can be marked as solved. Thank you very much lotharek! :)

gapan

Post by gapan »

I have just installed my replacement HxC floppy emulator in my Amiga 600 and it works perfect, including write support.

I'm genuinely impressed with the support I've received. I'll be ordering another floppy emulator as a present for a friend soon. Thank you again Lotharek. 8)

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

I`m very happy Your purchase was a good one.

Wish You best, lotharek
..... Atari Roxxx !!!