Pics for external floppy connector

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
gsargent

Pics for external floppy connector

Post by gsargent »

Just wanted to share with everyone one of the solutions I came up with for connection to my amiga 1200 for the SD emu. I decided to do a little modding so that I wouldn't have to have a cable sticking out of the case. I installed an external 34 pin port on the back of the case so that I could just plug in the SD emu when using it.

Mouser Part #: 517-4634-6000

Pics are below. I am moving on to my atari ST next and in the process of developing a homebrew case for the SD emu. I'll keep everyone informed with my progress as I go and will try to make a DIY for it so others can follow.

lotharek

Re: Pics for external floppy connector

Post by lotharek »

I still think about case for sd emul.

Price would be approx 10 euro..when ordering 10 000

geee....

so far all we have to do is handwork :-)
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

mau_rizio

Post by mau_rizio »

It would be nice to have the sd fitted inside a floppy case :)

mau_rizio

Post by mau_rizio »

Someone knows where i can find estension cables for the connector and for the power?

gsargent

Post by gsargent »

After making an ass out of myself (really sorry lotharek :D) and getting some guidance on one of the connections here is what I came up with for a finished wiring harness. A lot of the parts I had already from scavenged computers and the rest I ordered from mouser.

Complete Harness with buttons

LCD connection

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

Looks PROF - well done :-)

i just only hope you haven`t killed any retro computer for parts...

btw: do You connect Your AMIGA to lcd display ?? please, show some pictures and post some info about LCD type and producer
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

mau_rizio

Post by mau_rizio »

@gsargent
Can you post maplin parts numbers? I see they have high prices, as some italian sellers, i think i will buy form poland :)

@lotharek
Do you know this company? http://www.tme.eu

gsargent

Post by gsargent »

Oh no.....I would never hurt any of my retro equip. for parts. :shock: I lucked into about six really old pc's and was able to strip them for wiring, molex connectors, etc.

This is the harness that I will use in whatever case I come up with for the SD emu. I have a rough idea of a simple design in my head that I am going to try this weekend....if it is successful I will post some pics.

gsargent

Post by gsargent »

mau_rizio wrote:@gsargent
Can you post maplin parts numbers? I see they have high prices, as some italian sellers, i think i will buy form poland :)
The LCD is the one that comes with the SD kit from Lotharek. You could use this maplin part

JW59P

and just cut/break off six pin segments. Then solder wires to the connections and use heat shrink tubing to cover. That is exactly the way I did it. Then I ran them to a 14 pin header connection. I couldn't find the part number on maplin but here is the mouser with the manufacturer part number

Mouser Part #: 649-65043-030LF
Manufacturer Part #: 65043-030LF

You will also need these connectors to crimp on the end of your wires coming from the pin strip to latch into the 14 pin header above

Mouser Part #: 649-47750-000LF
Manufacturer Part #: 47750-000LF

Hope this helps. I plan on making a more detailed how to and I will post a link to it here soon.