Config file not found on SD Card

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Nodoyuna

Config file not found on SD Card

Post by Nodoyuna »

Hi
I'm trying to use the SD Floppy Emulator on an Amiga500. On my PC, I'm able to convert the image files to .HFE format and write them on the SD Card. Also I've writen the .CFG file on the SD Card.
Problem is when I plug the SD Card into the Emulator connected to the Amiga500, the LCD displays "NO .CFG file found" and one of the leds is on yellow.

What should be the problem here? Is my SD Card not compatible with the emulator? It's a 2Mb SD Trascend, formatted on FAT32

Thanks in advance for the help... :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Config file not found on SD Card

Post by Jeff »

Nodoyuna wrote:Hi
I'm trying to use the SD Floppy Emulator on an Amiga500. On my PC, I'm able to convert the image files to .HFE format and write them on the SD Card. Also I've writen the .CFG file on the SD Card.
Problem is when I plug the SD Card into the Emulator connected to the Amiga500, the LCD displays "NO .CFG file found" and one of the leds is on yellow.

What should be the problem here? Is my SD Card not compatible with the emulator? It's a 2Mb SD Trascend, formatted on FAT32

Thanks in advance for the help... :)
Hi,
You mean 2Mb or 2Gb ?

In any case try to clear your sdcard with this tools :

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatt ... EN2905.zip
(Option -> Format type -> FULL (Erase On) )

And reformat your sdcard in FAT32 with windows after this.
After you can create/copy the cfg file to this sdcard.

Nodoyuna

Post by Nodoyuna »

Thanks for the quick answer
I'll try tonight :)

Ooops... I meant 2Gb, of course.... :oops:

Nodoyuna

Post by Nodoyuna »

Hi

I tried your instructions yesterday night and now the floppy emulator works great!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Now, if I don't want to have the computer open, can I replace the Amiga cables? The're too short... I'd like to be able to have larger cables to put the emulator "out" of the computer... Is that possible? Can I use standard PC cables¿

Thanks in advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nodoyuna wrote:Hi

I tried your instructions yesterday night and now the floppy emulator works great!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Now, if I don't want to have the computer open, can I replace the Amiga cables? The're too short... I'd like to be able to have larger cables to put the emulator "out" of the computer... Is that possible? Can I use standard PC cables¿

Thanks in advance
Yes this is possible !

Nodoyuna

Post by Nodoyuna »

I'll try to replace amiga cables with pc ones :)

Also, it would be great to have a program on SDCard, to be able to select and run the images stored on it... I think that would be a better solution (as the program used for Atari ST)

Is there an Amiga version in the works?

Thanks in advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nodoyuna wrote: (as the program used for Atari ST)
And the Amstrad CPC since today ;-)

Yes the Amiga version will be released as soon as possible :D

Nodoyuna

Post by Nodoyuna »

That's great news :)

I'll wait for an Amiga version