Cable For Remote Mounting of the SD Floppy Emulator LCD

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Postle

Cable For Remote Mounting of the SD Floppy Emulator LCD

Post by Postle »

Is there anyone (someone) who has a source for the purchase of: Or... Who can make a cable for the twelve (12) wires, Six to eight inches in length (more or less), necessary for the remote mounting and connection of the Alphanumeric LCD Display Unit used on the SD HxC Floppy Emulator device? I am not interested in making any soldered connections. Just the "PRESS ON" type connections as are currently being used.

Mounting as Pictured at:

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... tml#photos

of a PC Drive Bay installation.

I could use five (5).

I may be contacted by e-mail...

Postle

wood_jl

interested in this too.....

Post by wood_jl »

I am very interested in this too. I have been using Atari SF354 case, and I would like to cut a hole in the top and mount the LCD, and add some remote buttons.

Tacking on a few remote button wires doesn't seem like a big deal, but I do not want to solder the LCD connection at all.

I am very surprised there is not more interest in this. I guess most people are just using it on the table like I am currently. But I don't like it and would like it cased!

Postle

Post by Postle »

I like your setup. I like you wish for an external case. Mine would be to a TI-99/4A. The wires to the LCD appear to be a unique problem. Let me know your solution to that.

Postle