sorting images on SD card

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
djjd

sorting images on SD card

Post by djjd »

I recently recieved the SD drive emulator and am very pleased with it.

One thing I have not found info on is if there is a way to choose the sort order with which the images are listed on the LCD when browsing. It seems to be ordered in creation date of the file on the SD. I would like it sorted in alphabetical order. Any ideas or would this be an enhancement. Apolologies if this has already been discussed but I did a search of the forum and saw nothing obvious.

thanks

djjd

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: sorting images on SD card

Post by Jeff »

djjd wrote:I recently recieved the SD drive emulator and am very pleased with it.

One thing I have not found info on is if there is a way to choose the sort order with which the images are listed on the LCD when browsing. It seems to be ordered in creation date of the file on the SD. I would like it sorted in alphabetical order. Any ideas or would this be an enhancement. Apolologies if this has already been discussed but I did a search of the forum and saw nothing obvious.

thanks

djjd
From the PIC firmware this is something more or less impossible since to sort the pic need more memory.

There are maybe a solution with the windows software.

mfilos

Post by mfilos »

Jeff wrote: From the PIC firmware this is something more or less impossible since to sort the pic need more memory.

File creation date/time sorting is not very nice :S
As there are no utilities that can do massive File Creation alterations (aka touch) I might make one VB program that touches every file in Alphabetically order adding them (maybe) 1 second alas making it look (in the HxC SD Emulator) like it's Alphabetically sorted.

Once I make the program I'll inform ya to give it a try

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mfilos wrote:
Jeff wrote: From the PIC firmware this is something more or less impossible since to sort the pic need more memory.

File creation date/time sorting is not very nice :S
As there are no utilities that can do massive File Creation alterations (aka touch) I might make one VB program that touches every file in Alphabetically order adding them (maybe) 1 second alas making it look (in the HxC SD Emulator) like it's Alphabetically sorted.

Once I make the program I'll inform ya to give it a try
This not a date/time sorting. The emulator uses the directrory entry order.

javidoom

Post by javidoom »

Hello

When I need to sort my SD card, I'm using this software for windows:

DriveSort v1.223

It can sort alphabetically the directories and subdirectories in your SD very fast.
Works like a charm :)

You can download it from:

http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

Byee!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

javidoom wrote:Hello

When I need to sort my SD card, I'm using this software for windows:

DriveSort v1.223

It can sort alphabetically the directories and subdirectories in your SD very fast.
Works like a charm :)

You can download it from:

http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

Byee!
Thanks for this good tips :)