Request for the ability to rename files from SDHxC

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
thinguyenhalu

Request for the ability to rename files from SDHxC

Post by thinguyenhalu »

I know this is potentially a big ask.. especially with only 3 buttons.. but..

I'm using the SDHxC with an Emulator II keyboard, and it is sooooooo great! The SDHxC is an Awesome product!

Often, while using the Sampler, and making new samples I'll save them onto a floppy image. The only problem is that they are say called "Blank1" "Blank2" etc.. and after a while I'll forget which samples I saved which to for renaming etc.

I can see it being laborious, but what about a rename feature.. I understand that this can be done within a PC in a few seconds, but often while using my Emulator II i have no computer nearby.

Say if you pressed and held all three buttons for a few seconds, then this took you to a rename option, with one button moving the cursor to the right and the other two changing the character up and down.. or something to that effect.

Maybe pressing and holding all three buttons saves the name change, while say holding and pressing 2 exits with no name change..

This may not even be possible to implement, but if you could and it is not too difficult, it would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards
Jin

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Request for the ability to rename files from SDHxC

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

You can already rename the HFE or at least add in internal name in the HFE : Select the image then press select until a menu appears. In this menu there is a rename function/sub-menu.