Why the price complaints?

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
kramskee

Why the price complaints?

Post by kramskee »

Hi Jeff, first of all I just want to say, It's an excellent device you've come up with. I don't see why you shouldn't make any money for your efforts! if only people could realise how much work goes into something like this then maybe they'd understand! I looked into doing my own version of one before I came across your forum..... it's no easy undertaking and would've taken me years to get to the point you're at. not only must you find a way to encode the MFM signal as it's being written to the disc but it also needs to be translated to a format that the SD can understand. so I don't understand why a lot of people are complaining about the 65 Euro since this is a whole lot cheaper than even a replacement SD floppy drive costs! a 720k SD floppy drive will set you back $88 and more if you can find one!

so from a comparative point of view, the price you guys are asking is relatively reasonable.

I would like to make two suggestions:

Maybe you can offer up some pre-programmed PIC's for sale and a schematic diagram for those of us who have the knowledge to design our own board ( I have two keyboards I want to fit this in a Korg T3 and an EMU Emax, I only ask because these are a little tight for space so I wan't to make a board that's the same size of the 3 1/4 inch drive width and length )

Secondly is there any chance you can code in a two digit seven segment display instead of the LCD. I like the LCD it's great but it doesn't fit in the width of the standard drive bay. Basically I want to build a drop in replacement for my two keyboards.

anyway these are just suggestions, It's a great device either way! goodl luck with all the sales

Mark