Alternative Layout.

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Bryce

Alternative Layout.

Post by Bryce »

Hi Jeff,
I'd like to use the SD Emulator on my CPC6128, built in to replace the original 3in drive. Unfortunately the current layout on offer wont fit. Will you be releasing the schematic to allow others to make alternative layouts? I know you've had negative experience in the past, with people mass producing clones of your work, so I can understand your choice not to release them yet, but would it be possible to release the design to a single person for alternative layouts with a "Non-disclosure agreement", I'd be happy to sign anything stating that I would not disclose the design details or produce the device for anyone else. I would also obviously send you the alternative layout free of charge, so that you could officially offer this version to other CPC users through the commercial channels you have already set up.

Regards,
Bryce.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Alternative Layout.

Post by Jeff »

Bryce wrote:Hi Jeff,
I'd like to use the SD Emulator on my CPC6128, built in to replace the original 3in drive. Unfortunately the current layout on offer wont fit. Will you be releasing the schematic to allow others to make alternative layouts? I know you've had negative experience in the past, with people mass producing clones of your work, so I can understand your choice not to release them yet, but would it be possible to release the design to a single person for alternative layouts with a "Non-disclosure agreement", I'd be happy to sign anything stating that I would not disclose the design details or produce the device for anyone else. I would also obviously send you the alternative layout free of charge, so that you could officially offer this version to other CPC users through the commercial channels you have already set up.

Regards,
Bryce.
Sorry but the schematic/pcb is not available for free for the moment.
Another point: since 3" and 3"1/2 disk drive have the same width, so the emulator fit in the CPC6128

Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Yes, I know it physically fits in the space, my changes would just make use of the fixing points in the CPC housing and add a riser board so that the LCD and buttons would face out the front panel.

No problem though, I can fully understand you not wanting to release the design just yet. Hope your sales go well, and in case I hadn't mentioned it before, it's a fantastic design, well done.

Bryce.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Bryce wrote:Yes, I know it physically fits in the space, my changes would just make use of the fixing points in the CPC housing and add a riser board so that the LCD and buttons would face out the front panel.

No problem though, I can fully understand you not wanting to release the design just yet. Hope your sales go well, and in case I hadn't mentioned it before, it's a fantastic design, well done.

Bryce.

you can connect a front panel board to the emulator :

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... ulator.pdf

(look at the Mechanical drawing)